VB6 DataEnvironment and Oracle 8

Post by Chris Fulle » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to call an Oracle Stored Procedure from a VB6 DataEnvironment
(ADO)?

SQL Server returns a cursor nicely to VB6 from stored procedures - can you
do the same in Oracle?

1. VB6 DataEnvironment and Oracle *URGENT*

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle8 db using VB6 and the Merant
DataDirect drivers for Oracle. I'm having problems getting stored
procedures created in Oracle to come up correctly in the data
environment. If I create a new command, VB6's DE will not see the
Oracle stored procedures. If I use the drag-n-drop features and drag
the sproc from the data view into the data environment, the sproc shows
up fine. I can display properties but the parameter list does not show
up. When I try to change the stored procedure directly, VB6 hangs. If I
try to create a new commmand, I can specify the data connection fine
but when I set the source of data settings (Database Object to Stored
Procedure) and click on the drop down Object Name list, VB6 hangs. Can
anyone shed some light on this? Please post to this newsgroup and if

people.

Jym McMurdo
VB Tools Developer
Onvia.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Need help with a query!

3. SQL Server driver for Java (JDBC)

4. VB6-SP3 DataEnvironment w/SQL7 ODBC Lags?

5. Ignore this message - Testing

6. Unable to update joined table using DataEnvironment in VB6

7. SAP BW compared to Essbase/SQLServer/Oracle as a Enterprise Data Warehouse & OLAP application

8. VB6 : DataEnvironment

9. VB6's DataEnvironment Window Connection to Oracle8i Not Complete

10. VB6 Dataenvironment & Datareport

11. Connnecting another Access DB with the DataEnvironment (VB6)

12. AutoNumber field with ADO/VB6/DataEnvironment