Using Delphi with Oracle Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)

Using Delphi with Oracle Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)

Post by Raymond Co » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I'm attempting to use the Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) from within Delphi
3.0 and am running into trouble.

In particular, it appears that translating the .TLB file into the _TLB.pas
wrapper does not function correctly.

Anyone else using Delphi and the Oracle Objects that might have some
suggestions/leads/pointers?

Greatly appreciated,
Ray
--
Raymond Cote, President                   Appropriate Solutions, Inc.

1. OO4O (Oracle Objects for OLE) to ADO

I need to "port" over an Oracle Application to MSSQL Server 2000.
Currently, the Application uses Oracle Objects and not ADO.
I would like to know if there is an "easy" solution for me to make this
leap.
Changing the entire code in the application would take too much time that i
just dont have.
I figured that if i make a "translator" object which would sit between the
Application and the Database
converting all OO4O methiods and properties into ADO methods and properties
so the Database could be manipulated by the same code.
I am just looking for any kind of tips or ideas (input) as to the best way i
could do this.
Remember, time is key here and i dont have the time to make all sorts of
fancy changes, i need it quick and dirty...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i know this is a more advanced topic
and i would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Vinny

2. Trigger that writes to an .mdb

3. oo4o - Oracle Object For OLE, non-distributable ?

4. WANTED: .dbt spell-checker

5. OO4O (Oracle Objects for OLE) to ADO

6. fulltext index is too late.

7. Did anyone purchase ORACLE Object for OLE (OO4O) NT Version

8. MTS component with OO4O(oracle object for ole) ?

9. Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)...Need Help!

10. Oracle Objects for OLE; OO4O

11. OO4O (Oracle Objects for OLE) to ADO

12. Need help passing an array to an Oracle procedure using Oracle Objects for OLE