Connecting to PO8 and Oracle 8

Post by Stan » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I have Personal Oracle 8.0 on my Win95 machine which is connected
to two WinNt machines.  One runs Oracle 8 and the other Oracle 7.
I can connect to the Oracle 7 but  I can't connect to Oracle 8.

From another Win95 machine on this same network I can connect to Oracle
8.  This machine, however, does not have Personal Oracle 8 on it.  This,
therefore, leads me to conclude that having Personal Oracle 8 on a
machine will not allow me to connect to the WinNT Oracle 8.  Is there
something I have to disable in Personal Oracle?

Thanks, Mark.