winnt to win2000 conversion

Post by gexber.. » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 02:38:55

Does anyone have any experience changing operating systems from WinNT
to 2000.  I cannot connect to Oracle using Sql Plus now.  Are there
any tricks to change in the TNSnames.ora file? Keep getting "host or
object not found" error.

Thanks,
Greg

winnt to win2000 conversion

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 06:21:19

Quote:> Does anyone have any experience changing operating systems from WinNT
> to 2000.  I cannot connect to Oracle using Sql Plus now.  Are there
> any tricks to change in the TNSnames.ora file? Keep getting "host or
> object not found" error.

> Thanks,
> Greg

As 8.1.6 is the first version certified, and for certified versions there
should be no 'tricks' necessary, and for some reason stating your version is
too much for you, you won't get any valid responses to your query.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA