Stored Procedure in ORACLE using VB/RDO

Post by Ashish Gulat » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

How does one execute an Oracle stored procedure using VB/RDO with the
Prepared Statement object?

Also, I know that Oracle stored procedures do not return resultsets as
Microsoft's SQL Server does.  Does anyone know of a workaround for this
Oracle?  Is there some tool or package provided by ORACLE or Microsoft
to handle this.  We encountered a similar problem with PB but PB has
some package called PBDBMS as a workaround.

Urgent Request !!!

Please Email directly if possible?
Thanks
Ashish

1. VB 5/6 runtime error 40041 when accessing stored procedures using RDO

Hi all,
I have an application where I am trying to access an Oracle stored
procedure.
I get this runtime error message:

Runtime error '40041':
Object Collection: Couldn't find item indicated by text.

Here is a part of my code:
'
Dim qryCheckBatch As New rdoQuery
Dim rsCheckBatch As rdoResultset

        Set qryCheckBatch = Cn.CreateQuery("CheckBatch", "{ ? = Call
dps_point_of_sale.is_batch_summarized (?) }")
Error -->qryCheckBatch(0).Direction = rdParamReturnValue
        qryCheckBatch(1) = Val(lblBackoutBatchID.Caption)
        Set rsCheckBatch = qryCheckBatch.OpenResultset(rdOpenForwardOnly,
rdConcurReadOnly)
'
Cn is defined in SubMain() as public rdoConnection.

The surprising part is that this exact code worked for me earlier without
any problems. My friend was trying to do a similar thing and he used to get
this error. I had recently upgraded to VB 6.0 and I got this error. I
installed 5.0 again, but now I am stuck with this error.

Did anyone have this problem or knows a solution or alternate method /
workaround?
Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks!

Hiten

2. ??? Problems in Microsoft Datagrid Control Version 6.0 ????

3. Oracle stored procedures via VB/RDO

4. JDBC and PLSQL/User Defined Types

5. VB RDO / Oracle - stored procedures, problem

6. Find/Replace in SQL

7. Stored Procedures in Oracle via VB/RDO

8. Populating a rdo recordset in VB from an Oracle stored procedure

9. Oracle Stored Procedure using RDO

10. RDO Error while retrieving resultset from ORACLE stored procedure using VB5

11. Stored procedures via VB - RDO, help anyone?

12. stored procedures, vb, rdo