Design in Personal -> Production in Enterprise

Design in Personal -> Production in Enterprise

Post by Nick Collie » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

This may be naive question, but can I design a database in Oracle8 Personal
Ed. and then easily migrate it over to the Oracle8 Enterprise environment.

I'm asking because the server for ora8 enterprise is not ready yet, but we
can begin the design now on an NT workstation.

thanks,

Nick

SRC
Univ. of Chicago

Design in Personal -> Production in Enterprise

Post by Loui » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi Nick,

Yes you can.  Use the online documentation to view details about the ways of
installing the 'Designer' repository.  You will have to create the appropriate
tablespaces on the new server, namely des2 and des2i, and, then export from PO8
and import into the new database.

Regards, Louis.