REPOST: Calling a COM automation server as an External Procedure

REPOST: Calling a COM automation server as an External Procedure

Post by tjm.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello!

I did not get any answer last time so I am reposting this question:

 I have a DLL which is technically a  COM automation server.

 In VFP and VB I call it as follows....

 oTest = CREATEOBJECT("getfile.person")
 cName = oTest.GetName()

 On Oracle I try:
  SQL> create or replace library person AS
 'C:\winnt\system32\GetFile.dll';
   2  /

 Library created.

 SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION GetName(cDir CHAR)
   2  RETURN CHAR AS EXTERNAL
   3  LIBRARY person
   4  NAME "GetName";
   5  /

 Function created.

 SQL> select GetName('ddd') from dual;
 select GetName('ddd') from dual
       *
 ERROR at line 1:
 ORA-06521: PL/SQL: Error mapping function
 ORA-06522: Unable to load symbol from DLL
 ORA-06512: at "LINDEX.GETNAME", line 0
 ORA-06512: at line 1

 Does this mean I cannot call  COM automation servers as external
procedures in Oracle???

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Calling a COM automation server as an External Procedure..

Hello!

I have a DLL written in VFP which is technically a  COM automation
[...]

2. graphical table view

3. Call a external procedure from inside SQL Server

4. IRVING -- Oracle DBA

5. Pass a CLOB to an external procedure and pass changes back to calling procedure

6. Need information on starting out

7. ANNOUNCE : dbcodegen.com - Tool to generate C# code to call SQL Server Stored Procedures

8. dt_ ...... Stored Procedures?

9. Help: Calling stored procedure from Impromptu using OLE Automation

10. SQl Server and COM Automation in-process issue

11. CRecordset in COM automation server???