9i - Disabling Oracle Servlet Engine

Post by junkmal » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 00:43:40

How do I disable the Oracle Servlet Engine?

9i - Disabling Oracle Servlet Engine

Post by KC Wo » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:20:10

Quote:> How do I disable the Oracle Servlet Engine?

I want to know that too... OSE is blocking port 8080 and my Tomcat
can't work properly if there's any Oracle database instance started.
I've searched the Oracle docs and found nothing... and can't find how
to change OSE's port either.

KC

Post by Sebastiano Pil » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 01:28:31

> > How do I disable the Oracle Servlet Engine?

> I want to know that too... OSE is blocking port 8080 and my Tomcat
> can't work properly if there's any Oracle database instance started.
> I've searched the Oracle docs and found nothing... and can't find how
> to change OSE's port either.

Look in the configuration files for Apache: in
$ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/conf/httpd.conf (near the bottom of the file)
you should find an #include statement for something like
oracle_apache.conf. Comment out that line and restart Apache to disable
OSE and several other Oracle-specific things (mod_plsql, etc.). Dig
deeper into the configuration files referenced by httpd.conf to discover
how to specifically disable other services.

Sebastiano Pilla