Configuring access from certain clients

Post by Peter Goblirs » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:23:51

Hi !

Is it possible to link an account to a specific machine on the network
something like this ?

user bbbb may only access the database from webserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

user system can not access the DB from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, only from
yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

Thanks in advance

/petgob

Configuring access from certain clients

Post by Ed Steve » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 23:06:30

If I understand what you're trying to get at, the solution might be to have the
applications connect to the database with a userid known only to the
application, not the human using the app?  That's what we do.  I only have to
maintain a small handfull of userids.

Quote:>Hi !

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)