Network Appliance Filers

Post by sung.. » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 03:37:14

If anyone has experience with using the Network Appliance Filers I
would like to hear from you. Any problems, pro's and con's. our company
currently uses a DAS fiber array which houses a 1-2TB Oracle DB. They
are considering replacing it with a NET APP's Filer. To me this sounds
like a big mistake but I have no experience with NAS.

Thanks in advance
SG

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Network Appliance filers SQL

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if anyone out there is using a Network
Appliance filer to host their SQL database(s) in a production
environment.   We are looking into this as a solution for our
Microsoft and Oracle databases, but I have serious reservations about
mounting database files across a network.

 Anyone doing this?  If so, what are some of the issues you have
experienced?  Problems?  Success stories?  Are you happy with the
combination?  Please direct all answers to the NG's.

Thanks,

Carl

2. OLAP Services (SQL 7) Connection Through IIS

3. Network Appliance filers and SQL Server 7.0

4. I can't add field

5. HELP: SQL databases on Network Appliance filers (Oracle and/or Microsoft)

6. Playing QuickTime

7. Is this possible with a COMBO BOX or LIST?

8. Network Appliance filers SQL

9. Sybase devices on Network Appliance filers

10. Network Appliance Filers: Performance

11. Network Appliance filers

12. Network Appliance filers SQL