Using another JSP with OAS

Post by Jim Do » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

What would be the catch of using another servlet/JSP engine outside of OAS
4.0, but still use OAS 4.0 to provide the other middle-ware services?

Trying to get servlets and JSP operational now, but still use as much of
OAS as I can.  Don't want to use JWeb.

Thanks...Jim D.

--
Director, Internet Initiatives
Frequency Marketing, Inc.

503 775-4539

Using another JSP with OAS

Post by Finn Ellebaek Nielse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Jim.

OAS 4.0.8 supports Java Servlets (they call their implementation JServlet,
which replaces JWeb). Unfortunately they didn't implement Java Server Pages
in this release but seen that JSP is built on top of Java Servlets I would
think that you could compile your JSPs with another Web server and compile
the translated Java code (if you can access that) with JServlet.

HTH.

Finn

> What would be the catch of using another servlet/JSP engine outside of OAS
> 4.0, but still use OAS 4.0 to provide the other middle-ware services?

> Trying to get servlets and JSP operational now, but still use as much of
> OAS as I can.  Don't want to use JWeb.

> Thanks...Jim D.

> --
> Director, Internet Initiatives
> Frequency Marketing, Inc.

> 503 775-4539

Using another JSP with OAS

Post by Jim Do » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thanks, Finn.

Appreciate the tips.

Jim D>