RAC Class Announcement

Post by Daniel Morga » Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:09:29

The Puget Sound Oracle User Group's RAC class has been sold out for
February and the first half of March. Pictures from our January RAC
classes will be posted at http://www.psoug.org next week.

For those interested in hands-on RAC ... at each class student's cables
their own network, install and configure their Linux machines, install
and configures Oracle's clusterware, install Oracle 9.2.0.1 and patch it
to 9.2.0.4, and finally test each cluster with TAF for fail-over. All
done on PSOUG's own NetApp F810 filer head with 2TB of disk.

Instructors, Kent Stroker of Oracle and I, donate our time teaching
these classes so the cost is just what is required to cover the hardware
lease and insurance.

The March class will be taught in 10g if legally and technically possible.

If you are interested in the classes contact Jack Cline at:

through Mr. Cline.

--
Daniel Morgan

(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

1. HELP:Accessing a class object in another class!

This is a little diffficult to explain, but I'll try.

I have three classes:
A (object)
B (collection of A)
C (contains a B object, an A object and another object we'll call objD)

now when I do something like C.B.Add (parameters) in my main form, I will be
adding a new A object to the B collection of class C, but at the same time I
want to manipulate objD.

Object A has similar properties to objD and I'd like keep them syncronized.
Everytime a property of an A object is changed, I'd like to change the
property of the corresponding objD as well.

My question is how can I have access to objD in class module B?
Is there a way to overwrite the add method of B in class C?

The only way I could manage was by creating events in B and then
manupulating objD in class C when B events occur.  Is there another way?

I know this sounds ambigious but if you have any ideas please let me know.

Kouroche

2. Trigger quesiton

3. class that can find class's data member

4. Embedded NULL Character in a string -SQL Server

5. (absolut)newbie: howto give an open recorset from class to class

6. Executing Triggers through DTS

7. I am not able to see my database class members in class view - Please help

8. Help - recreate database from data files - not backup

9. Generic Workspace Class - Class Initialization Question

10. Using Class Builder Utility to create a base class (VB6)

11. Wrapper Class around Class that uses ParamArray

12. Class and Sub Class ?