create tablespace command

Post by anthonyfarr.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can anyone tell a novice DBA whats wrong with the following create
command: ????

SQL> create tablespace Portal datafile portal.dbf size 50M;
create tablespace Portal datafile portal.dbf size 50M
                                  *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02236: invalid file name

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

create tablespace command

Post by Claes » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The command is:

create tablespace portal datafile 'portal.dbf' size 50M;

/Claes

Quote:> Can anyone tell a novice DBA whats wrong with the following create
> command: ????

> SQL> create tablespace Portal datafile portal.dbf size 50M;
> create tablespace Portal datafile portal.dbf size 50M
>                                   *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02236: invalid file name

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

create tablespace command

Post by Yong » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

SQL> create tablespace Portal datafile 'portal.dbf' size 50M;

you need '  ' for datafile name.
;))

Quote:> Can anyone tell a novice DBA whats wrong with the following create
> command: ????

> SQL> create tablespace Portal datafile portal.dbf size 50M;
> create tablespace Portal datafile portal.dbf size 50M
>                                   *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02236: invalid file name

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

create tablespace command

Post by Jonathan Gennic » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Offhand, I'd say you need to quote your filename. For
example:

        create tablespace portal
           datafile 'portal.dbf' size 50m;

Another thing to look at is your path. I always specify the
full path to the datafile. I'm not sure what Oracle uses for
a path if you don't specify one.

Jonathan

http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are