Funny question, but please help

Post by Irene » Sat, 19 May 2001 15:09:23

I wonder,
How to access Oracle, using Cobol on Unix platform?
Can it be standard SQL expressions?

Regards,
Irene.

Funny question, but please help

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sat, 19 May 2001 04:16:49

Quote:> I wonder,
> How to access Oracle, using Cobol on Unix platform?
> Can it be standard SQL expressions?

> Regards,
> Irene.

Oracle used to have Pro*Cobol for this, which will precompile your sql
statements into api calls.
I very much doubt they still ship it, but you could always verify of course.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Funny question, but please help

Post by Jim Gregor » Sat, 19 May 2001 23:56:28

get the PRO*Cobol manual(s) from ORACLE tech net.  They'll tell you what you
need to know.

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.

Opinions are my own and do not reflect those
of my employer or clients

Quote:> I wonder,
> How to access Oracle, using Cobol on Unix platform?
> Can it be standard SQL expressions?

> Regards,
> Irene.

1. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

 Newsgroups:
              comp.databases.xbase.fox

I'm using VFP 3.0 for Mac and want to design a form with combo
boxes. Everything seems fine but after I checked any item on
any drop-down list there is nothing to appear in the box itself.
In other words, I can see the list and check any item, but
nothing shows up in the filled box. I designed these combo
boxes using combo box builder and every step seems correct.
I would like to hear from anyone regarding this problem. I
want to express my sincere thanks for your kind help in
advance.

Fang Qian

2. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!

3. DAO Field Size Limit Question, Please Please Help.

4. Page requests/ sec and lazy writer high - transactional replication

5. A really simple jdbc question - please, please help

6. Autonumber field

7. emergency please help me please please please

8. Creating a Frontend using Access

9. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

10. Database Question Please Help and jpeg and gif question

11. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

12. APPROACH QUERY-PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP