OWAS 3.0.2 & FORMS 5.0 error : FRM-99999

OWAS 3.0.2 & FORMS 5.0 error : FRM-99999

Post by Firstname Lastnam » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

We use OWAS 3.0.2 with FORMS server 5.0.6 on an IBM RS6000 under AIX 4.3.2.

After compiling all our pll and fmb, and trying to access an FMX via the browser (IE5.0 or Netscape) with Oracle Java Initiator 1.1.5.3 we get a dialog window :

FRM-99999: A network error occured, the client will not be able to continue
Details...
Java Exception:
java.io.UTFDataFormatException
at ...

Do you have an idea to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance
ca

OWAS 3.0.2 & FORMS 5.0 error : FRM-99999

Post by Jürgen Liet » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>We use OWAS 3.0.2 with FORMS server 5.0.6 on an IBM RS6000 under AIX 4.3.2.

>After compiling all our pll and fmb, and trying to access an FMX via the

browser (IE5.0 or Netscape) with >Oracle Java Initiator 1.1.5.3 we get a
dialog window :

Quote:

>FRM-99999: A network error occured, the client will not be able to continue
>Details...
>Java Exception:
>java.io.UTFDataFormatException
>at ...

>Do you have an idea to solve the problem ?

>Thanks in advance
>ca

Hi Mr Nobody,

you need a patch for this problem. Contact Oracle Support

1. FRM-99999 and web enabled forms 5.0

We are using web enabled 5.0 forms.  We have hundreds of users
out in userland viewing the forms through Netscape 4.5 on NT.
Occasionaly, while using a form, the users get:

 FRM-99999 Network error has occured. Client will be unable to
continue.

The form becomes unusable and none of the buttons work.  The form
is dead.  When I push details on the alert, I get information about
data stream and java sockets.  So, I am guessing a broken java socket
has occured between the browser and the forms server. I read,
somehwere?, that a possible fix to this, is to catch the FRM-99999
error in an ON-ERROR trigger and issue a logon command to relogin to
the server.  I have attempted to catch a FRM-99999 error but it seems
to be un-catchable.  I dont  think the ON-ERROR trigger fires during
an FRM-99999.  I even tried an ON-MESSAGE trigger, no help.  I have
also put a logon command within a button and tried pushing it when I
get a FRM-99999 network error to force a logon.  This also did not
work.  It seems as though once I get this error, the form is dead and
there is nothing I can do to restart the session within the form.  To
restart a session, Netscape must be killed and restarted.  Ofcourse,
killing netscape causes the non-responsive form to dissappear.  All
work in the form is lost.  My questions, that I hope someone with
experience will answer, are:

1) What exactly may be causing these network errors?  Is it possible
the server has to many/limited socket connections? Can I change a
config file?

2) Will this logon on remedy above actually work after breaking a java
socket?  Am I just approaching this logon imp the wrong way?

3) Anyone else experiencing FRM-99999 Network errors?

4) Is this possibly a Netscape 4.5 JVM problem?  Will using a
different browser help?

2. Using INFO in a MODE ANSI database

3. FRM-99999 error when running web-enabled forms

4. Ingres & Microsoft Access

5. FRM-99999 error on Web forms

6. Index Tuning Wizzard ???

7. frm-99999 error

8. Borland's FREE TechFax Service

9. FRM-99999

10. FRM-99999 using Developer Server

11. Random Number between 1-99999

12. Please help me with Forms 6 error FRM-404003