To use Netware or not ???

Post by Bert Scalz » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Robert,

NOT. I have used Oracle on Netware on four occassions. In each case,
performance was a problem (especially where the db server was the file/print
server as well). In one case, we switched our dual pentium 90 with 80 megs
ram from netware to unixware. We went from poor performance (i.e. 90-100%
CPU utilization and long run times)  to great performance (i.e. 15-25% CPU
utilization and quick run times). No hardware changes were made -- just an
OS switch. I have had the same experience with NT vs. Netware as well. My
point is that Oracle and Netware have neve mixed well (in my experience)...

Bert Scalzo
DBA
EDS