calling a procedure in a .dll from forms 4.5

calling a procedure in a .dll from forms 4.5

Post by Jorge Fernandez Suare » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

This is my second try here about the subject... please, I need
to know if this is possible, to call some functions of win API

if it's possible... how?

Post by Thomas Griffi » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> This is my second try here about the subject... please, I need
> to know if this is possible, to call some functions of win API

> if it's possible... how?

Once upon a time, there was such thing as "user exit"s in forms.  But
that was forms 3.0.

--
Thomas Griffin
Project Leader

calling a procedure in a .dll from forms 4.5

Post by Andrey A. Efimo » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> This is my second try here about the subject... please, I need
> to know if this is possible, to call some functions of win API

> if it's possible... how?

it's possible. You can use build-in package ORA-FFI to register procedure
and functions in your application.

1. PdoxWin 4.5: problem calling DLL created with Microsoft C++

        I am trying to call a DLL written with Microsoft
Visual C++ from Paradox 4.5 for Windows.  I have previously
created DLL's using the Borland C++ compiler and called them
from Paradox successfully.  Now, however, when I try to run
the form I get the message "This form references external
procedures or DLLs which could not be found".  Does anyone
know why the DLL or its routines would not be found or what
to do about this problem?  Are there any magic words that need
to be spoken, or is there a way to track down the source of
this problem?  Is there a command that lists the functions
in a DLL?

Other information:

The problem occurs even for a test DLL containing a simple C routine.

The DLL uses the Pascal calling convention.

A Uses statement was included that followed the directions
in the ObjectPal reference manual.

Thanks,
Jeff Stevens

2. PHP -> ODBC -> ORACLE help needed!

3. Problem with nested 32bit dll's and 32bit forms 4.5

4. memory limitations

5. Calling Oracle Applications User Exits from Forms 4.5

6. Default layout not the Default

7. Calling the Default Browser from Forms 4.5

8. 9264-GA-ATLANTA-ORACLE-Database Administrator

9. Poor performance in Report 2.5 (called by Runproduct Forms 4.5)

10. Forms 4.5 Application error on startup (call to undefined dynalink)

11. How to call SQL Loader from a button on Forms 4.5

12. Problem calling REPORT (with PL/SQL) from FORMS 4.5