PHP/ODBC/ORACLE - Problem

Post by Kolle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

I have a problem with an existing installation of an Oracle-Database
(Vers. 8) which we configurate
over the Microsoft ODBC Configurator on a Windows NT4 machine.

Theres no database installed on my machine so i try to access it with
an php-skript which reads as follows:
test_oracle.php:
<?
  $res = odbc_connect("anyhost","user","userpw");
  echo "$res";
?>

then the following error occurs:
----
Warning: SQL error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS: The service name
could not be solved.
, SQL state 08004 in SQLConnect in e:\htdocs\test_oracle.php on line 2
----

Disturbing is:
This small skript works with a machine which has a database installed
!!!
Also if we are not using ODBC the solving of server names is no problem
!!!

I have no clue what i can do to solve this problem ...
(im thinking this is just one of those problems which are very trivial
... but nevertheless annoying )

Any help would be fine

Greetings
F. Koller

1. [PHP] RPMs for PHP accessing PostgreSQL via ODBC over RedHat

Hi,

We are currently running the following configuration on our server:

Linux Red Hat 7.0
PostgreSQL 7.1beta4-1
PHP 4.0.1pl2

I need to add some RPM package (or perhaps an apache module) to enable PHP
to access PostgreSQL via ODBC.

In order to have PostgreSQL native access support we installed package
'php-pgsql-4.0.1pl2-9.i386.rpm'.

Is there some similar RPM package to enable ODBC access in PHP4.0.1pl2?

If not, how should I procceed?

TIA,
Paulo

2. JOBS! - us-or db2 dba $65-75k.txt(1/1)

3. Problem with ODBC Connection to DB2 via PHP

4. Pdox 7.0 Install on NT

5. PHP ODBC - MS Access : table name problem

6. Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux 2.2.12-20smp - memory problems (leak?)

7. progress / php / odbc problem

8. MI-ORACLE HR

9. Problems with Apache/Oracle/PHP

10. Oracle/PHP/Slackware problem

11. Problem connecting to Oracle from PHP script.

12. [PHP] Re: psql with PHP question

13. [PHP] PostgreSQL + PHP + SQL warning messages