Standard vs. Enterprise edition

Post by Steve Parke » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

What is the basic criteria for deciding to use Enterprise instead of
Standard edition?

Standard vs. Enterprise edition

Post by smki.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hello,

> What is the basic criteria for deciding to use

Enterprise instead of
Quote:> Standard edition?

The Enterprise Edition of Oracle contains the
following elements that Standard Edition does not:
1.  Advanced Replication option,
2.  Parallel Query option,
3.  Advanced backup and recovery,
4.  Queing, Advanced Connection Manager, and
Pooling,
5.  MPI, and
6.  The Enterprise Backup Utility.

Personally, I only recommend Standard Edition to
Enterprises wishing to create internal Oracle
databases for experimentation and learning
purposes.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Standard vs. Enterprise edition

Post by Brian W. Cheste » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Steve,

Look at http://technet.oracle.com for a complete listing of the differences
between the Oracle database products.  One other point not mentioned at the
technet site is the cost.  Licensing is more expensive on the enterprise
edition, but the advanced features, can quickly outway the costs.

Brian.

Quote:> Hello,

> What is the basic criteria for deciding to use Enterprise instead of
> Standard edition?

1. Standard vs. Enterprise Edition

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell what
edition of SQL Server 6.5/7.0 has been installed ?
I am working on upgrading 2 6.5 SQL Servers to V7
and am not sure if they are running the Standard
or Enterprise Edition.  Is there an internal

shows the edition ?  Thanks in advance for any
input.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Storing of files in an Oracle - table. How do I do it?

3. SQL2000 Standard vs. Enterprise editions

4. How to assign a user to multiple group in SQL server

5. MS-SQL 2000 Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

6. Type mismatch: Autonumber primary key - Trying to retrieve autonumber value and other column values at the same time, why isn't it simple?

7. Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

8. Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition 7

9. Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

10. SQL 7.0 Standard Edition vs. Enterprise Edition

11. Standard edition VS Enterprise edition SQL 7.0