Problems with EXEC SQL ROLLBACK WORK RELEASE

Problems with EXEC SQL ROLLBACK WORK RELEASE

Post by Colin Taylo » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 05:32:14

We are writing software using embedded PL/SQL to perform database
transactions.

To connect, we do:-
EXEC SQL CONNECT :username IDENTIFIED BY :password USING :db, where username
and password are always the same, but db varies. So within a single
application, the connect statement may be executed say 3 times with 3
different db values. Additionally, the db values are the names in the
tnsnames.ora file and all point to the same service although this won't
always be the case.

Then, to disconnect, we do:-
EXEC SQL ROLLBACK WORK RELEASE
which seems to disconnect everything. What we want to be able to do is to
selectively disconnect from a specific db, whilst leaving the other
connections alive.

If anyone can suggest a possible solution, we'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Colin Taylor

1. SQL rollback release work fails in exit handler.

Using Oracle 7.3 embedded SQl (Pro*C) on SCO UnixWare 7.0.1,
 my disconnect code uses 'SQL rollback release work' to tidy up.
 This is fine when used as part of the normal application shutdown,
but if executed as part of the C exit handling, it seg-faults somewhere
in __AIR_osnwns!

Any advice appreciated.

Bill

2. PC/UNIX/Mac databases that support images?

3. Rollback is not happening and locks not released in SQL server 2000

4. Help

5. exec StoredProcedure - works AND works not

6. SP - Error

7. syntax problem: How to EXEC within EXEC

8. Foxpro web server under Linux

9. SQL Exec won't work

10. how to tell if exec sql statements are working with sybase

11. Rollback VB/RDO SQL Server Doesn't work 1799

12. SQL Exec /Cmd Exec Fails

13. Releasing row locks with rollback to savepoint