Question regarding JDBC

Post by Tony Fernande » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Is there a JDBC driver for Oracle available ?

-- Thanks
Tony Fernandes

1. questions regarding JDBC and metadata

Hello there,

I've got a problem :

I'd like to get metadata for a table out of a JDBC-connection. I do this by
using the code below (mainly using the DatabaseMetaData).
It works perfectly when I am using an Access table. However when I run this
code for a DB/2-table (mainframe) then I only get the field information but
not the information on the keys. I access the table on the mainframe via a
gateway from IBM).

Is there a bug in my code or isn't it possible to get the index information
for DB/2?

Has anybody else already experienced this problem? Do you know by chance any
solution, how I may get the index information for a host table?

Thanks a lot,

Rudi

This is the code I use to retrieve the metadata:

DatabaseMetaData metadata;
ResultSet        rs;
String           tableName;
String[]         tableTypes = {"TABLE"};

metadata = con.getMetaData();
tableName = "PL03T01";

System.out.println("Column infos for " + tableName);
rs = metadata.getColumns(null, null, tableName, null);
while (rs.next())
{
   System.out.println(rs.getString("COLUMN_NAME") + "\t" +
   rs.getString("TYPE_NAME"));

System.out.println("Index infos for " + tableName);
rs = metadata.getIndexInfo(null, null, tableName, true, false);
while (rs.next())
{
   System.out.println(rs.getString("TABLE_NAME") + "\t" +
   rs.getString("TYPE") + "\t" + rs.getString("INDEX_NAME") + "\t" +
   rs.getString("COLUMN_NAME"));
  catch (SQLException e)
  {
e.printStackTrace();
  }

2. Run-time error '3633' Cannot load DLL -- ODBC problem?

3. Question Regarding a SQL Trace using the JDBC Driver

4. NOT IN CLAUSE - NOT RETURNING ROWS

5. Question regarding database connectivity from Java via JDBC 4.0

6. F3M/Server and OS X performance

7. Fw: [JDBC] Regarding vacuumdb

8. Query regarding creation of Scrollable ResultSet Object(New Feature of JDBC 2.0 API)

9. Regarding validity of JDBC pool of connections.

10. Interesting jdbc problem regarding integer column qualifier and set

11. jdbc:thin vx jdbc:oci8 and oracle.experiment results and question

12. Question in regards to .CSV file when exporting from SQL to Access Database