Problem with Oracle SQL running on Redhat Linux 6.0

Problem with Oracle SQL running on Redhat Linux 6.0

Post by smag.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We have oracle 8.0.5.0.0 running on Linux 6.0. The problem we are having
is with accounts which are in the grace period.

ORA-28002: the password will expire within 30 days, error message comes
up on logon. The SHOW USER command comes back with USER is "". It does
not allow the user to change the password when the following command is
used : ALTER USER <username> identified <new password>
The error message is  "invalid command: alter".

SELECT * FROM ALL_TABLES causes a memory fault and returns to linux
prompt.

Everything works fine if the account is not in the grace period.

Is there anyone else who have had these problems, any solutions?

Thank you,
Shashi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by GC » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> ORA-28002: the password will expire within 30 days, error message comes
> up on logon. The SHOW USER command comes back with USER is "". It does
> not allow the user to change the password when the following command is
> used : ALTER USER <username> identified <new password>
> The error message is  "invalid command: alter".

I assume this was a simple spelling error, but just in case, the command
is 'alter user username identified by password;' In the above example,
you left 'by' out of the command, which would invalidate it.

Quote:

> SELECT * FROM ALL_TABLES causes a memory fault and returns to linux
> prompt.

Can you issue the command 'desc all_tables'?

Cheers,
GC

1. Problem with Oracle SQL running on Redhat Linux 6.0

We have oracle 8.0.5.0.0 running on Linux 6.0. The problem we are having
is with accounts which are in the grace period.

ORA-28002: the password will expire within 30 days, error message comes
up on logon. The SHOW USER command comes back with USER is "". It does
not allow the user to change the password when the following command is
used : ALTER USER <username> identified <new password>
The error message is  "invalid command: alter".

SELECT * FROM ALL_TABLES causes a memory fault and returns to linux
prompt.

Everything works fine if the account is not in the grace period.

Is there anyone else who have had these problems, any solutions?

Thank you,
Shashi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Performance Trigger vs Indexed view

3. Problem with installation of Oracle 8.0.5 under Linux Redhat 6.0

4. SQL-DMO SP Parameters

5. Online NT Backup Script -Help

6. d3 linux with redhat 6.0 vs redhat 5.2

7. TNS Question

8. RedHat Linux 6.0 and Informix JDBC problem

9. Problems with RedHat Linux 6.0 and IDS 7.30

10. Redhat linux 6.0 and oracle 8.0.4

11. A question on Oracle 8.1.5 installation on RedHat 6.0 Linux

12. Oracle 8.0.5 and RedHat Linux 6.0