HELP! ORA-03113 error

Post by Dana Jia » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I got the ORA-03113 error in the application, we're using Oracle8i, OLEDB
driver and VB.

This error appears sometimes, and other times the system is just running
fine.

Any idea on this?

Thank a lot for any help!!

Dana

1. Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041

Hi Everyone,

I hope somebody can help me with these errors.  Sorry for
cross-posting to non-Delphi news groups but I'm at a loss to why this
is happening.

I have a Delphi 4.0 client (with the latest updates including BDE
5.10) communicating with Oracle 8i.  Everything was fine up until
today. :(  Then I came in and our tester showed me the following
messages coming up on his screen.

"Lost communication with SQL server.  ORA-03113: end-of-file on
communication channel."

followed by

"General SQL Error.  ORA-01041: internal error.  hostdef extension
doesn't exist."

At first, I thought it must be something with his config.  So I tested
it on my machine.  And guess what, I have exactly the same problem. :(

The program was using a stored procedure to return a ref cursor from a
view.  That was pretty slow, so I spent most of the day converting it
to query the tables directly by creating the SQL dynamically at the
Delphi.  Still no go!

I then tried running the SQL for the original view (which is big and
has 4 unions) and got the same error.

Please email & post any suggestions as I'd like to fix this ASAP!
Email will get to me quicker.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Read...

2. Compacting databases in Visual C++

3. Need Help With Ora 03113/03114 Error

4. Update Trigger

5. HELP with Error ORA-03113

6. SQL Server and Borland Delphi 3

7. Oracle installation pb on Suse Linux 7.2 (Kernel 2.4.4) : ORA-24323, ORA-03113

8. ODBC - Recordset not updateable

9. Ora-03113 & Ora 01041

10. ORA-03113 ;ORA-03114

11. ORA 03113 and ORA 07445 problems

12. ORA-03113 ... ORA-00600 [17145]

13. ORA-03113, ORA-03114 from application′s query