Advance Queuing - move msg to exception queue

Advance Queuing - move msg to exception queue

Post by rone.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I'm using Oracle Advance Queuing mechanism.
I'm dequeuing msg from a queue, and after checking it I, sometimes,
want to rollback changes but move msg to exception queue.
I cant just rollback dequeue, browse msg and rollback until it goes to
exception queue because I have multiple consumers (they dont share
messages between them, any message is enqueued just by one consumer)
and when I roll it back other consumers may 'take over it'.

does any one have any solution to this problem?

TIA.
    ronen.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Advanced Queuing: ORA-25215 user_data type and queue type do not match

Here is what I'm doing on Solaris 8 with Oracle 9i.

1. In the database I create the object type for the queue payload, the
queue table, and the queues.
2. Using OTT compiler generate the *.h file containing the
C-representation of the oracle and the *.inp file. The *.inp file is
passed as additional input to PROC when compiling the *.pc file
containing enqueue/dequeue operations.
3. Compile the application, run-it, works fine.

Now if I create all the relevant queue objects in another database and
attempt to run the application against this one, the behaviour is
somewhat inconsistent. When attempting to enqueue/dequeue in 1 out of
ten cases I get this error "ORA-25215 User data_type and queue type do
not match".

Any ideas? Does it sound like an Oracle bug in AQ?

2. Any problems using a counter as a field in an access database?

3. how to see time spent in ready queue and wait queue

4. Performance issues

5. Oracle Advanced Queuing Callback to VB

6. Upgrade SQL2K and Win2K together or apart

7. BUG in JAVA API for Advanced Queuing ?

8. can triggers call c routine

9. Using Advanced Queues dynamically

10. Advanced Queuing: remote enqueuing/dequeuing

11. Killing a blocked Java dequeue in Advanced Queuing (AQ)

12. Advanced Queues -- problem (Urgent!)

13. advanced queueing - enque to remote queue