InterMedia problem with Solaris

Post by leo_dee.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I've successfully installed the default
installation of Oracle 8.1.5 on both an NT system
and a Solaris.

InterMedia text search works fine in NT. However,
in Solaris when I try to index a table with text,
like this:

  create index TEST_INDEX on TBLTEST(TEXT)
      indextype is ctxsys.context;

I get the following error:

  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of
ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
  ORA-20000: ConText error:
  DRG-50704: Net8 listener is not running or
cannot start external procedures
  ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to
external procedure agent
  ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
  ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
  ORA-06512: at line 1

In NT I can do this okay:

  tnsping EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA

But when I try this in Solaris, I get the
following error:

  TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name

I have basically identical listener.ora and
tnsnames.ora files. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Leo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by John D Groenve » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I have basically identical listener.ora and
>tnsnames.ora files. Any ideas?

If you have a sqlnet.ora with different domains defined.
John

1. InterMedia on Solaris

[...]

2. Problem: LDAP query via ADSI from ASP (no schema)

3. Solaris problems (was Re: SPARC Solaris 8 OK)

4. Service Listeners

5. Intermedia problem...

6. New Info - Creating an Update Query in VB using CreateQueryDef

7. "interMedia text" setup problem

8. Tape Support for Informix & Backups

9. Oracle8i interMedia problem

10. Intermedia Problem