Autotrace

Post by Walter T Rejune » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I just tried to set autotrace on in an 8i Release 2 datatabe and here is
what I got when I am logged into a user account.

SQL> set autotrace on;
SP2-0618: Cannot find the Session Identifier.  Check PLUSTRACE role is
enabled
SP2-0611: Error enabling STATISTICS report

What do I have do to make this work. If I log in as SYSTEM it works
fine. How to I enable the PLUSTRACE role?

Autotrace

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Run the plustrce.sql script in %ORACLE_HOME%/sqlplus/admin

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:> I just tried to set autotrace on in an 8i Release 2 datatabe and here is

Post by Connor McDonal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I just tried to set autotrace on in an 8i Release 2 datatabe and here is
> what I got when I am logged into a user account.

> SQL> set autotrace on;
> SP2-0618: Cannot find the Session Identifier.  Check PLUSTRACE role is
> enabled
> SP2-0611: Error enabling STATISTICS report

> What do I have do to make this work. If I log in as SYSTEM it works
> fine. How to I enable the PLUSTRACE role?

In $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin there is a pupbld.sql which creates the
role - grant it to public and you're away.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.veryComputer.com/

We are born *, wet and hungry...then things get worse

Autotrace

Post by Walter T Rejune » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Run the plustrce.sql script in %ORACLE_HOME%/sqlplus/admin

I've done that. It still does not work.

What I did first was give SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE to PUBLIC for the
PLAN_TABLE owned by SYSTEM. Then I connect as SYS and ran plustrce.sql.
Finally, I connected as SYSTEM and granted PLUSTRACE to the logins 'frb'
and 'ops$frb'. If I log in as 'frb' I can SET AUTOTRACE ON and
everything works fine. If I use a / default login to use ops$frb and try
to SET AUTOTRACE ON I get the messages:

SP2-0619: Error while connecting
SP2-0611: Error enabling STATISTICS report

So, the difference appears to be whether I use a login with an actual
password or a default login.

Autotrace

Post by cgilb.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > Run the plustrce.sql script in %ORACLE_HOME%/sqlplus/admin

> I've done that. It still does not work.

You need to grant the PLUSTRACE role to all the users who need to access
the statistics (grants on the v_$ tables).

Quote:> What I did first was give SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE to PUBLIC for the
> PLAN_TABLE owned by SYSTEM. Then I connect as SYS and ran plustrce.sql.
> Finally, I connected as SYSTEM and granted PLUSTRACE to the logins 'frb'
> and 'ops$frb'. If I log in as 'frb' I can SET AUTOTRACE ON and
> everything works fine. If I use a / default login to use ops$frb and try
> to SET AUTOTRACE ON I get the messages:

> SP2-0619: Error while connecting
> SP2-0611: Error enabling STATISTICS report

> So, the difference appears to be whether I use a login with an actual
> password or a default login.

Try the following :
sqlplus system/....
grant plustrace to ops$frb;

--
En vous souhaitant bonne reception

1. AUTOTRACE in Oracle

I  was having trouble debugging an SP when it was being called from an
Application.  However I don't see any problems when I execute the string in
ISQL_w.  I know that if I had some sort of a Trace to be able to see every
single line of execution from the SP it would help the situation, like the
AUTOTRACE command in Oracle.

Does anyone know what is the equivalent of doing an Oracle AUTOTRACE
command?

Thanks
Colm

2. Spires info

3. Set autotrace traceonly

4. year-end table maintenance

5. problem: set autotrace on

6. Attached Text Files

7. performance analysis on autotrace output

8. Troubles with database link for local databases

9. 8i: Identified externally and autotrace?

10. how to best implement autotrace/sqltrace?

11. set Autotrace on error

12. Strange error using AUTOTRACE in SQL*Plus

13. AUTOTRACE statistics