Printing Forms 4.5 canvases/pages

Post by Duncan MacGreg » Tue, 30 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Greetings.

I am trying to print more than one canvas (page) from the current form.  When
the Oracle PRINT procedure is run, however, it will print only one page at a
time.  This occurs whether running under SCO Unix [formerly] or Win95 [now].

Under Win 95, the standard Print dialog box has a part where one can choose to
print "all" or a "range of pages".  Oracle Forms, however, simply ignores this
information.

Does anybody have any idea how to print many pages/canvases from the same form
at the same time?  Please don't mention report-writer tools to me;  the page(s)
in each form are laid out according to a customer specification, and the
customer wants to see the specification, not a table of any kind.

Please e-mail me with solutions, and I will summarize any responses I get after
waiting for a week or so.
--

Also at: "http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa735/" | To err is human ...

Post by R. Fingerso » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Does anybody have any idea how to print many pages/canvases from the same form
> at the same time?  Please don't mention report-writer tools to me;  the page(s)
> in each form are laid out according to a customer specification, and the
> customer wants to see the specification, not a table of any kind.

Reports 2.5 can recreate a graphical layout "form" that can mimic a
canvas -- not all reports are just listings or tables.

Otherwise, the PRINT command will only print the current screen. It is
analagous to the print screen command in windows. I know of no way
to print multiple screens unless you have one enormous canvas that you
scroll, which I can't see as a viable option.

Robin

--

http://www.frii.com/~phouka/
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away

1. Assigning items to multiple canvas in Forms 4.5

Does anybody who know if it's possible to display an item from one block
in more than one canvas view?

I have two canvas-views.  The first contains two blocks, lets say block1
and block2.  In addition to the two blocks, I have one item, let's call
it ITEMX, from another block, lets call it block3.

In the second canvas-view I have block3 only.  But, since ITEMX is
already in use in the first canvas, it does not appear in the second.

As you might understand, I'd really like to see the item ITEMX in both
canvas-views.  I've asked my supervisor, but he believes it is
impossible to view one item in more than one canvas.  Can you tell me if
this is correct.  Alternatively, how can I solve the problem mentioned
above?

-- =

Studying ComputerScience at Narvik College of Engineering, Norway

2. No space or Network protocols detected in Linux

3. Multi-page forms in PDOX 4.5

4. Error when trying to import/export a database

5. PDoxWin 4.5, Help with 2 page form.

6. Stored Procedure Performance Help

7. Page Printing Muti-Page Forms

8. error msg : 2502

9. pdox4.5 m-page forms:printing 2nd page

10. pdoxwin 4.5 printing forms

11. Printing a Form -- Pdoxwin 4.5

12. stacked canvas on tab canvas

13. Portage d'une application de FORMS 3.0 en FORMS 4.5