linux 8.1.6 client needs a patch to make oerr work

linux 8.1.6 client needs a patch to make oerr work

Post by Vik » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

If you install 8.1.6 client on Linux Redhat 6.2, the message
files are not installed correctly.

Upon poking around at technet, I found a patch for this
problem, unfortunately I cannot find an official location of
this patch, on their download page, and it is not on the
main 8.1.6 download page either.

I see the patch at:
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/linux/patch/patch_3.tgz

I found it when doing a find on 'oerr' and then clicking on
the item that said 'Oracle for Linux - Support Information'.

Can someone point me at official instructions for this patch?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.