Space used by import/export

Post by Serge Monte » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

    Hello,

    I'd like to know how could I evaluate the space taken by imported data
of only one user. I think I have to use the view DBA_FREE_SPACE for that
owner and sum the bytes column; but I'm not sure.

    Can you help me ?

    Thank you.

Space used by import/export

Post by Suresh Bha » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Try

imp userid=/ fromuser=ops$oneuser show=y file = export_filename
log=logfile_name

This gives you a script for  all tables, indexes, primary keys, constraints
etc. used by the ops$oneuser.

Of course the export file must have been exported with compress=y option.

Also play with indexfile=y rather than show=y, which will give you script
for only tables and indexes.

None of the objects will be created nor data imported.

Good luck !!!

Quote:

>     Hello,

>     I'd like to know how could I evaluate the space taken by imported
data
> of only one user. I think I have to use the view DBA_FREE_SPACE for that
> owner and sum the bytes column; but I'm not sure.

>     Can you help me ?

>     Thank you.

Space used by import/export

Post by Allan Nelso » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Try

> imp userid=/ fromuser=ops$oneuser show=y file = export_filename
> log=logfile_name

> This gives you a script for  all tables, indexes, primary keys, constraints
> etc. used by the ops$oneuser.

> Of course the export file must have been exported with compress=y option.

> Also play with indexfile=y rather than show=y, which will give you script
> for only tables and indexes.

> None of the objects will be created nor data imported.

> Good luck !!!

> >     Hello,

> >     I'd like to know how could I evaluate the space taken by imported
> data
> > of only one user. I think I have to use the view DBA_FREE_SPACE for that
> > owner and sum the bytes column; but I'm not sure.

> >     Can you help me ?

> >     Thank you.

  If you are concerned with the space inside the database that the imported
rows are taking up and those rows are the only ones in the table then you
query DBA_EXTENTS for that information.

Allan

1. Importing text files into SQL Server 2000 Database using DTS Import/Export Wizard

   I'm having a problem with exporting data from text files(received
by e-mail) into SQL Server 2000 Database. These files
were created by dumping the data from SQL Server 7
tables. Each row of
these files has a fixed length and  no special delimeters
between the fields - only spaces.The Wizard detected the import file as a
file with delimited fields(Screen "Select file format"). The next screen of
the Wizard detected the column
delimeter as "other", but I couldn't detect the character. As
soon as put in the delimeter field spaces, it gave me the wrong
number of colums in the result SQL Server Table( = junk).
    If I defined the file as a file with fixed length, the next screen
of  the Wizard I got the fields with
offset(they were not left justified). When I copied this file into
the database, I got the table with the wrong number of fields
and rong data in them.
Can anybody tell me, what is the problem and is it really
possible to import the data this way ?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Sergei Cher

2. why do they do this ?

3. Problem with export and import and spaces

4. Transactions through JDBC

5. Export Data using DTS Import using BULK INSERT

6. Oracle news Server name?

7. Oracle Free Space or Space used - DBA (now index space usage)

8. MMC crashes while using Import/Export Data wizard

9. Help with Indexes Migration Using DTS Import/Export

10. Table disappear when using DTS to import/export database objects

11. Exporting and importing table using a right click

12. Access 2000 to SQL Server 2000 using Import/Export Wizard or DTS