1. SQLlink/SQLNet Oracle Mystery Error Message
Help. . .
I'm working with SQLLink for Oracle6 and Oracle's SQLNet programs. I have been
successful in the past getting these to operate and have developed a fairly detailed
installation checklist. We are operating under Windows 3.1 with Pathworks 4 as
a network platform. We are using the DOS version of SQLNet due to the fact
that neither our network or Oracle version allow for the use of the SQLNet
product intended for this environment. The SQLNet product is therefor not
supported through Oracle for the use which we are putting it to.
I'm looking for someone who, like us, has been forced by powers higher up to
work in this environment and might have some experience which I myself don't
Presently, I have 2 workstations which I cannot get to connect. Both are
Compaq 486 66M's with at least 12meg of memory. The installation steps I've
gone through are as follows:
1. Check for correct SHARE.EXE settings
2. Make sure ODAPI directory is in path.
3. Install both programs and insure that netinit.exe is in C:\Windows.
4. Edit SQLNet's Config.ora file to include:
a. 2 remote sessions
b. the name of the desired Oracle occurance (ORDNPROD)
5. Add a call to SQLDNT.EXE to the WINSTART.BAT file.
6. Place an icon for NETINIT.EXE in the Windows Startup Group.
7. Set up Proxie accounts for each user making sure that the ORDNPROD.COM
file is copied into each account.
8. Copy the definition for the RANDO environment (the cluster where Oracle
is located) into each workstation's database of Known Nodes.
9. Create the Paradox Alias as follows:
DRIVER TYPE ORACLE
NET PROTOCOL DECNET
OPEN MODE READ/WRITE
SCHEMA CACHE 8
Because of the fact that I have used these same guidelines for the installation
of several other workstations without much trouble, I'm baffled by what is
happening with these two machines. When I try connecting through the above
mentioned Alias manually, I get the following error message:
ORA-0568 Message not found - meaning
(V5-Compatibility DecNet Driver Error)
This appears to be a "class" of error which the regular Error Message Manual
I sure would appreciate a reply from anyone who's had a similar experience and
thinks they might be able to help.
Thanks for your time.
2. Patch 6012 for OI 1.2/01 on HP-UX 10.2
3. sqlnet.log file growing with this error.
4. SQL*Loader: BAD file is empty?
5. Trucating logs produces error message in log
6. A connection could not be established to server
7. Module(KERNEL32+1759) error messages in error log
8. Database for unix/aix/dos
9. Error Message in Server Error Log
10. Unknown error message in SQL Error Log
11. Error Message in SQL Server Error Log
12. Ambiguous SQL 6.5 messages in error log...
13. Lazywriter - Messages in error log