Bad response time at connection

Post by Gregoi » Wed, 15 May 2002 18:04:38

Hi,
We have a very bad response time at connection for Oracle 8.0.6
instances. On the other hand, connection response time is very good
for instances that are running in Oracle 7.3.4 in the same server
(unix in a RS6000).
What can be the cause of that problem ?

Bad response time at connection

Post by David Van Zand » Thu, 16 May 2002 12:54:01

1.  Design.
2.  Demand.
3.  Resources.

Quote:> Hi,
> We have a very bad response time at connection for Oracle 8.0.6
> instances. On the other hand, connection response time is very good
> for instances that are running in Oracle 7.3.4 in the same server
> (unix in a RS6000).
> What can be the cause of that problem ?

1. Number of connections and response time

Dear All :

    I feel our DB indeed have a long response time , then I use "onstat -u"
to see the number
    of current connection, it gives me that :

    77 active, 128 total, 110 maximum concurrent

    Our machine is dual pentium III 1GHz with 512MB.

    The memory usage is that (viewed by top) :

    Mem:   517012K av,  513812K used,    3200K free

    I am wondering  that the status of [performace v.s. connections] running
on this environment
    is normal or abnormal ? Is it only the performance tunning problem or it
tells the truth that
    we have to upgrade the hardware spec ?

2. newbie need help

3. How to keep a reasonable response time when a time-consuming SQL statement running

4. Help

5. Response time increase over time

6. Oxford Delphi User Group

7. Optimizing Cognos Cube build time and response time

8. Buttons bar with objectPal

9. Bound Controls: bad,bad,bad

10. RDO bad, bad, bad

11. Oracle 7.3 and Forms 3.0 -- BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

12. Low CPU usage and Slow Response time