> We have a very bad response time at connection for Oracle 8.0.6
> instances. On the other hand, connection response time is very good
> for instances that are running in Oracle 7.3.4 in the same server
> (unix in a RS6000).
> What can be the cause of that problem ?
1. Number of connections and response time
Dear All :
I feel our DB indeed have a long response time , then I use "onstat -u"
to see the number
of current connection, it gives me that :
77 active, 128 total, 110 maximum concurrent
Our machine is dual pentium III 1GHz with 512MB.
The memory usage is that (viewed by top) :
Mem: 517012K av, 513812K used, 3200K free
I am wondering that the status of [performace v.s. connections] running
on this environment
is normal or abnormal ? Is it only the performance tunning problem or it
tells the truth that
we have to upgrade the hardware spec ?
3. How to keep a reasonable response time when a time-consuming SQL statement running
5. Response time increase over time
7. Optimizing Cognos Cube build time and response time
9. Bound Controls: bad,bad,bad
11. Oracle 7.3 and Forms 3.0 -- BAD, BAD, BAD!!!
12. Low CPU usage and Slow Response time