Oracle Training /Certification Question

Post by kurt-mcdan.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to verify the authenticity of claims made by a local
school concerning Oracle certification. The instructor is claiming to
be an Oracle OCT, (Oracle Certified Trainer). I have searched Oracle's
web site and can not find any reference to an OCT certification.

Also his description of the Oracle certification path differs from
what I find on Oracle's web site. He states that you only have to pass
one test to become an OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) and that
once you have passed all five tests you become a Oracle DBA. Oracle's
site clearly states that you have to pass five tests to become an OCP.

Is it possible that he has such a certification and that Oracle has
changed their certification program since he was first certified? He
said he was certified on version 7. Or am I simply being lied to?

If anyone has any insight in this area I could use your advice.

Oracle Training /Certification Question

Post by Brian Peaslan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to verify the authenticity of claims made by a local
> school concerning Oracle certification. The instructor is claiming to
> be an Oracle OCT, (Oracle Certified Trainer). I have searched Oracle's
> web site and can not find any reference to an OCT certification.

Oracle does not have an OCT. Some other institution may though. So you
might want to ask who certified him.

Quote:> Also his description of the Oracle certification path differs from
> what I find on Oracle's web site. He states that you only have to pass
> one test to become an OCP (Oracle Certified Professional) and that
> once you have passed all five tests you become a Oracle DBA. Oracle's
> site clearly states that you have to pass five tests to become an OCP.

To be certified for Oracle 8, the OCP track for DBA requires you to pass
five exams. The OCP track for DBO (Database Operator) requires only one
exam. But again, he may be talking about a different certification
organization. (one that I've never heard of).

Quote:> Is it possible that he has such a certification and that Oracle has
> changed their certification program since he was first certified? He
> said he was certified on version 7. Or am I simply being lied to?

In order to obtain certification for version 7, one has to pass four
tests. The test are slightly different than the version 8 exams. I do
not know what was required prior to version 7, but version 7 is similar
to version 8.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at
  USGS EROS Data Center
These opinions are my own and do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of my
company!

1. Oracle DBA Certification training

Hi Guys, we just want to let you know that at Compqsoft in Houston we
are offering instructor led Oracle DBA certification course. New batch
is starting soon.

We have excellent course material and certified Oracle DBAs as
instructors.
It is 60 hour course and lots of hands on.
It cost only $1499.00 and money back guarantee the certification.
Evening and week end classes available. Special programs for corporate
accounts.

for more details about the course.

Thanks
Madina
Compqsoft, Inc
440, Benmar, suite 1270
Houston, TX 77060
281-272-2022

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. 32-ODBC Thunking Released for WinLink

3. Informix 7.2 vs. Oracle 7.3 on 64-bit Digital Alpha Ser

4. Oracle Certification Training in Chicago

5. equivalent of all_tab_columns

6. pgsql/src/backend/parser parse_coerce.c

7. Ingress, Oracle, DBA, Unix, Training, Re-train to Oracle., Permanent

8. Training for Certification - Which Option is Best?

9. Postgres Certification/training

10. training with cd for certification

11. Java, Solaris training and certification