Oracle File Systems Drive (Internet Drive)

Oracle File Systems Drive (Internet Drive)

Post by Peter Kellne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I can't find any information on what it takes to create an "internet
drive".  I remember hearing oracle talk about being able to have an
drive letter that you can use on your PC that actually stores the data
in an oracle database.  Sound familiar?  Any pointers to such info
would be helpful.

-Peter

(in otherwords, oracle emulating a FAT, NTFS or FAT32 type file
system)

Oracle File Systems Drive (Internet Drive)

Post by Eugene Firyag » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

To my knowledge it is going to be available with Oracle 8i, release 8.1.6.

Quote:> I can't find any information on what it takes to create an "internet
> drive".  I remember hearing oracle talk about being able to have an
> drive letter that you can use on your PC that actually stores the data
> in an oracle database.  Sound familiar?  Any pointers to such info
> would be helpful.

> -Peter

> (in otherwords, oracle emulating a FAT, NTFS or FAT32 type file
> system)

1. move system databases from C drive to D drive

Hi,
Has anyone tried moving system databases (master, model, msdb, tempdb) from
C drive to D drive.  I have only 330 MB left on C drive.  Problem arose last
week when temdb log file got huge and filed up all the spaces in C drive.
Since I have over 6 GB left in D drive and for consistency purposes, I would
like to move my system databases to D drive where all the user databases
are.  I know I can't use backup and restore for tempdb.  I have not been
able to come up with any other way to do it.  Any help in this matter will
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Biva

2. Monitoring a job

3. I am having a problem with a hard disk drive or floppy disk drive

4. PACK, COMPACT Paradox tables in Delphi

5. # of drives in external drive array

6. restore Database

7. Client on 1 hard drive and server on other hard drive

8. Ask for a column with just its number

9. Any way to use drives without drive letters?

10. How to move Databases from drive C: to drive D:

11. Moving from one drive to another drive

12. Moving database location from one drive to another drive

13. Moving Database from Drive E: to Drive F: