I'm working on Oracle Server v7.3 on WinNT.
I have some problems, by protection in replication environment.
Let's say we have the next users:
1. INTERNAL ... Database Administrator ... SYS
2. SYSTEM ... What kind of user is that exactly?
3. REPADMIN ... Replication administrator
4. REPSYS ... Surrogate Replication administrator (system access)
5. WORK_USER ... Schema owner
Then I have created the following links from DB1 to DB2:
1. Public database link (without user name and password) owned by SYS
2. Private user link owned by REPSYS
3. Private user link owned by READMIN
4. Private user link owned by WORK_USER
And now the problem ...
When I connect on DB1 as INTERNAL (SYS) I can't access on DB2, because I
have only public link without username and PSW. That is OK.
But when I connect on DB1 as SYSTEM I can access on DB2 ???? That is NOT
OK!!! How can that be, because the user SYSTEM havo no links?
Bo?tjan ?tupica / Ixtlan Consulting d.o.o. / EMail: