read longRaw

Post by Lars Windel » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:22:52

Hello.

Is there a way to read data from a longraw column in plsql?
I want to compare the column-entry (a textfile) with a specified string.

can anybody help me.

Best regards Lars Windels.

read longRaw

Post by Adam Spindle » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:36:52

> Hello.

> Is there a way to read data from a longraw column in plsql?
> I want to compare the column-entry (a textfile) with a specified string.

> can anybody help me.

> Best regards Lars Windels.

If you use :

L_str := UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(L_raw); -- convert raw chunk to
varchar

You can then use an INSTR(L_str, <string to find>, 1,1)

to match the string

1. How can i read Picture-Data from an Oracle-LongRaw-Field

Hi!

I store Picture-Data in an Oracle-DB in a Long-Raw-Field and want to read
this data via RDO in a Picture- or Image-Object.
I get no Error, but no Picture also!

Can anyone help me???

Ciao,  Jens

2. Oracle DBA Required, CA

3. updating LongRaw (or Memo) field

4. accessing COM properties through DTS ActiveX

5. Oracle LongRaw : ODBCDirect: Help me!

6. Connect to socket

7. opening an Oracle 8 table with RAWs and a LONGRAW

8. how to view running sql

9. oracle longraw datatype

10. Extracting data from longraw datatype

11. Replication of LONGRAW