Has anyone used Oracle Migration Workbench

Has anyone used Oracle Migration Workbench

Post by Kevin McDanie » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 09:45:28

...to convert a SQL Server database/application to Oracle?  I could use some
direction.  Thanks.

Kevin

Has anyone used Oracle Migration Workbench

Post by Dmitr » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 00:06:42

To move database you can use Chyfo www.ispirer.com/chyfo.html

Quote:> ...to convert a SQL Server database/application to Oracle?  I could use
some
> direction.  Thanks.

> Kevin

Has anyone used Oracle Migration Workbench

Post by Uchak » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 15:20:43

Oracle migration workbench is a good tool.
Regards
Willy

1. Converting SQL Server Stored Procedures to Oracle using Migration Workbench

My company has created a client-server application which makes
extensive use of Transact-SQL stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server
7.0. We are looking to port the server application to Oracle using the
Oracle Migration Workbench. This would be implemented through Java
stored procedures.

Does anyone have experience in migrating from SQL Server to Oracle with
this tool,  especially in regards to stored procedures? What
difficulties have you experienced? Are there any types of client-side
code that had to be modified to accomodate these changes? How about
performance issues on Oracle versus SQL Server on the same NT box?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

David Lawrence
Database Architect
Incentive Systems, Inc.
Burlington, MA

2. Problem with my Database

3. Anyone using Cyrano Workbench for Oracle?

4. Formatted Memo Field & Exporting to Tab Delimited

5. Oracle Migration Workbench ...SQLServer 6.5 > Oracle 8

6. log files are unreadables

8. Slow connect with TCP/IP and SP2 on RedHat 6.2

9. HELP! - Oracle Migration Workbench for Informix

10. Oracle Migration Workbench HELP!!

11. Installing Oracle Migration Workbench ...

12. Oracle Migration Workbench

13. Anyone used Oracle Migration tool on Solaris ?