Help: Can't drop table!

Post by Fred » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:07:55

I'm getting this error when trying to drop a table:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object

Someone here mentioned having the same problem, but didn't post a fix
(something about missing components and rebuilding??).

Help: Can't drop table!

Post by Daniel A. Morga » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 07:31:07

Look in the data dictionary view USER_DEPENDENCIES, ALL_DEPENDENCIES, or
DBA_DEPENDENCIES.

Daniel Morgan

> I'm getting this error when trying to drop a table:

> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object

> Someone here mentioned having the same problem, but didn't post a fix
> (something about missing components and rebuilding??).

Help: Can't drop table!

Post by Fred » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:22:02

I finished granting in these tables to DBA role and a special user, but
still get the same error message.  There must be something wrong if SYS can
create a table but not drop it.
Any help is appreaciated.  Thanks.

Fred***

>Look in the data dictionary view USER_DEPENDENCIES, ALL_DEPENDENCIES, or
>DBA_DEPENDENCIES.
>Daniel Morgan

>> I'm getting this error when trying to drop a table:

>> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>> ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object

>> Someone here mentioned having the same problem, but didn't post a fix
>> (something about missing components and rebuilding??).

Help: Can't drop table!

Post by Fergu » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:11:52

As Daniel Morgan proposed below - see if there are any dependencies on
the table being drop - if there is one or more - ORACLE will not let you
drop the table - irrespective of grants.

> I finished granting in these tables to DBA role and a special user, but
> still get the same error message.  There must be something wrong if SYS
can
> create a table but not drop it.
> Any help is appreaciated.  Thanks.

> Fred***

> >Look in the data dictionary view USER_DEPENDENCIES, ALL_DEPENDENCIES, or
> >DBA_DEPENDENCIES.

> >Daniel Morgan

> >> I'm getting this error when trying to drop a table:

> >> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> >> ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object

> >> Someone here mentioned having the same problem, but didn't post a fix
> >> (something about missing components and rebuilding??).

1. HELP!! Can't drop temp table

Hope anyone can shed light on this problem...

I created a temporary table in a stored procedure, and the first time I ran it I
forgot the drop table at the end of the routine. Ordinarily, I would just
execute a DROP TABLE command on it, but that returns that there is no object of
that name in the System Catalog. The trouble is, I cannot now edit that stored
procedure because it will not compile, returning an error saying that the temp
table object already exists!!! I have deleted the stored procedure, and
recreated it, reboot my machine, and stopped and started the SQL server, but to
no avail. And it gets wierder. If I change the table name to something else, and
try to add the stored procedure, it says that that newly named temp teble
already exists too!!! And I haven't even run the procedure to execute the CREATE
TABLE....

I am at my wits end - can anyone help??

Thanks in advance

Andrew

2. Storing XML data

3. Help! Can't drop merge subscriber tables

4. International Date format problem using System account

5. Help: Can't drop corrup table (error 1117)

6. HELP! ObjectPal and checkbox problem

7. HELP Can't drop tables

8. checking for security and updating table structures

9. Please Help !!! Can't drop table

10. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

11. Bug Q234814, bug# 55330 'Drop Tables'

12. HELP! drop table and create table problems

13. Dropping Login Id's w/o dropping the users