cursor Problem

Post by Denni » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Dear all,
        There is a cursor problems, hope you can provide ideas to help me.
The following is the statements that I executed in SQLPlus:

SQL> create table test (c1  varchar(20));
SQL> create or replace trigger before_stat
          before insert on test
          begin
            insert into test
           values(to_char(sysdate,'MI:SS'));
          end;
SQL> create or replace trigger after_stat
          after insert on test
          begin
            insert into test
            values(to_char(sysdate,'MI:SS'));
          end;
SQL> insert into test values(to_char(sysdate,'MI:SS'));

        The last statement failed, and Oracle responsed "ORA-01000: the
maximum open cursors execeeded."  Why?  The init. parameter of OPEN_CURSORS
is 50.  It is supposed not to execeed.  I tried these on Oracle 8.0.3.0.6
for Novell and Oracle 7.3.2.2.1 for NT.  Both of them got the same result.
Thanks for your ideas in advance!

Best Regards

Dennis

cursor Problem

Post by luke.davie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Triggers fire for every insert.  Your triggers are recursively firing
themselves!!

Luke

1. forms 5 - cursor problem (Not PL/SQL cursor)

Is there a way of changing the standard cursor in forms 5. Our database uses
forms 5 and our users are having difficulty seeing the cursor when tabbing
through fields in the forms. On some fields we have CENTERED the text
aligment so the cursor is in the middle of the field, but this is not
desriable on all fields

any ideas would be grateful;

martin hopkins

2. ***MD-PROGRAMMERS w/ RDBMS***

3. VB 5 - ADO adOpenKeySet cursor problem with SQL Server stored procedures using Variables

4. Unable to bind foreign key constraint

5. Crazy Cursor Problem - results not returned

6. File referencing question

7. SQL Server Strange Cursor Problem

8. cursor problem ---- help please

9. server side cursor problem

10. SQL Newbie updating with Cursors problem

11. Cursor Problems via ODBC