Oracle 9i : remote OEM Console unable to connect to Management Server

Oracle 9i : remote OEM Console unable to connect to Management Server

Post by Stef » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:09:15

Hello,

On the server side, OEM Console connects to OMS without any problem after
starting  :
- the Intelligent Agent (agentctl start)
- the Management Server (oemctl start oms).

On a remote computer, OEM Console will only launch in standalone, but ttying
to login to a Management Server has no effect (no error, but no login).

Can anyone tell me if the two commands above are sufficient to login to OMS
via a remote computer. Have I to launch other services on the server ?

Thanks.

Stef.

Oracle 9i : remote OEM Console unable to connect to Management Server

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:26:20

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:09:15 +0200, "Stef"

>Hello,

>On the server side, OEM Console connects to OMS without any problem after
>starting  :
>- the Intelligent Agent (agentctl start)
>- the Management Server (oemctl start oms).

>On a remote computer, OEM Console will only launch in standalone, but ttying
>to login to a Management Server has no effect (no error, but no login).

>Can anyone tell me if the two commands above are sufficient to login to OMS
>via a remote computer. Have I to launch other services on the server ?

>Thanks.

>Stef.

You did actually create an OEM repository using the OEM repository
creation assistant? Most people complaining about OEM fail to do that.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

Oracle 9i : remote OEM Console unable to connect to Management Server

Post by Stef » Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:51:05

Quote:> You did actually create an OEM repository using the OEM repository
> creation assistant? Most people complaining about OEM fail to do that.

> Hth

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Hello,

Yes I did. I can login to OMS with the console on the server computer. All
seem to run on this side.

On the remote computer, I can only launch the console in standalone mode.
When I try to connect to OMS, there is no response (witout any error
message).

Stef.

1. q: OEM unable to connect via oem console

Sir, in oem 2.0  -
after  discover oracle instance, i'm unable to connect to discovered
database (with invalid database message) on the node hierarchy. at the
same time, i am able to connect to the same database by click on tools
from the tool bar with same user/passwd and instance name.

thnx ted

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Dimension Limits increase in next version?

3. Connecting to OEM 2.1 repository via OEM Console

4. Y2K question!!

5. Problem with Connecting OEM Management Server in Oracle 8i (WinNT)

6. Intent shared lock

7. Can not connect with Oracle Management Server (OEM)

8. Install only SQL 6.5 ODBC Drivers?

9. 9i OEM console extremely slow

10. Enterprise Console hangs connecting to management server

11. how to connect to the OEM console?

12. Connecting OEM Console

13. For VC++, ADO or OLEDB is better for connect remote Oracle 9i DB??Thank you