oracle 8i upgrade exam

oracle 8i upgrade exam

Post by Sathish Bala » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:05:51



Do i have to write all 5 exams to upgrade from Oracle8 certification to
Oracle 8i certification Or just the one upgrade exam ?

--
Sathish B

 
 
 

oracle 8i upgrade exam

Post by Brickle » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:20:36


1Z0-020 is the upgrade exam for 8 to 8i.  You only have until the end of
March to write it though, otherwise you will have to write all 5 8i
exams to get your 8i certification.

> Do i have to write all 5 exams to upgrade from Oracle8 certification to
> Oracle 8i certification Or just the one upgrade exam ?

> --
> Sathish B


 
 
 

oracle 8i upgrade exam

Post by igg » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:22:01


I don't believe this is correct. The exams scheduled to retire for
this track (Oracle 8 DBA) are :

Exam 1Z0-013 Oracle8: Database Administration
Exam 1Z0-014 Oracle8: Backup and Recovery
Exam 1Z0-015 Oracle8: Performance and Tuning
Exam 1Z0-016 Oracle8: Network Administration

I don't see any annoucement about retiring upgrade exams. This seems
to go for DBAs upgrading from 7 to 8 and 8 to 8i.

iggy

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:20:36 GMT, Bricklen


>1Z0-020 is the upgrade exam for 8 to 8i.  You only have until the end of
>March to write it though, otherwise you will have to write all 5 8i
>exams to get your 8i certification.


>> Do i have to write all 5 exams to upgrade from Oracle8 certification to
>> Oracle 8i certification Or just the one upgrade exam ?

>> --
>> Sathish B

 
 
 

oracle 8i upgrade exam

Post by Brickle » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:20:31


Allow me to clarify what should have been a pretty clear message:
8 is being retired, not 8i.  You have until the end of March (according
to the message I have received several times from oracle university) to
upgrade your existing Oracle 8 certification to 8i.  Doing so in this
time frame allows you to write ONE upgrade exam to get 8i cert., as
opposed to writing all 5 8i exams to get your 8i certification, if you
don't do it by the end of March.

As you can see if you re-read my post, I never said anything about
retiring the upgrade exams.

hth

Bricklen


> I don't believe this is correct. The exams scheduled to retire for
> this track (Oracle 8 DBA) are :

> Exam 1Z0-013 Oracle8: Database Administration
> Exam 1Z0-014 Oracle8: Backup and Recovery
> Exam 1Z0-015 Oracle8: Performance and Tuning
> Exam 1Z0-016 Oracle8: Network Administration

> I don't see any annoucement about retiring upgrade exams. This seems
> to go for DBAs upgrading from 7 to 8 and 8 to 8i.

> iggy

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:20:36 GMT, Bricklen

> >1Z0-020 is the upgrade exam for 8 to 8i.  You only have until the end of
> >March to write it though, otherwise you will have to write all 5 8i
> >exams to get your 8i certification.


> >> Do i have to write all 5 exams to upgrade from Oracle8 certification to
> >> Oracle 8i certification Or just the one upgrade exam ?

> >> --
> >> Sathish B

 
 
 

oracle 8i upgrade exam

Post by RFre4657 » Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:59:54


I do not think this is correct. I beleive that the 7.3 to 8 upgrade exams and
the 8 to 8i upgrade exams and NOT being phased out at this time. Only the 8
series of exams is being phased out.

Education.oracle.com reports these exams are being phased out:

Exam 1Z0-401 Oracle8 Database Operator
Exam 1Z0-013 Oracle8: Database Administration
Exam 1Z0-014 Oracle8: Backup and Recovery
Exam 1Z0-015 Oracle8: Performance and Tuning
Exam 1Z0-016 Oracle8: Network Administration

These exams will remain:

Exam 1Z0-001 Introduction to Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL
Exam 1Z0-010 Oracle8: New Features for Administrators
exam #1Z0-020 Oracle8i: New Features for Administrators.

RF

Robert

Robert G. Freeman
Author
Oracle Press's Oracle9i New Features
Sybex's Mastering Oracle9i
Coriolis' Oracle8 to 8i Upgrade Exam Cram
Coriolis' Oracle 7.3 to 8 Upgrade Exam Cram

 
 
 

oracle 8i upgrade exam

Post by igg » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 07:30:10


I was wrong to say you were incorrect in your initial reply.  I should
have said let me expand on that.

iggy

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:20:31 GMT, Bricklen


>Allow me to clarify what should have been a pretty clear message:
>8 is being retired, not 8i.  You have until the end of March (according
>to the message I have received several times from oracle university) to
>upgrade your existing Oracle 8 certification to 8i.  Doing so in this
>time frame allows you to write ONE upgrade exam to get 8i cert., as
>opposed to writing all 5 8i exams to get your 8i certification, if you
>don't do it by the end of March.

>As you can see if you re-read my post, I never said anything about
>retiring the upgrade exams.

>hth

>Bricklen


>> I don't believe this is correct. The exams scheduled to retire for
>> this track (Oracle 8 DBA) are :

>> Exam 1Z0-013 Oracle8: Database Administration
>> Exam 1Z0-014 Oracle8: Backup and Recovery
>> Exam 1Z0-015 Oracle8: Performance and Tuning
>> Exam 1Z0-016 Oracle8: Network Administration

>> I don't see any annoucement about retiring upgrade exams. This seems
>> to go for DBAs upgrading from 7 to 8 and 8 to 8i.

>> iggy

>> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:20:36 GMT, Bricklen

>> >1Z0-020 is the upgrade exam for 8 to 8i.  You only have until the end of
>> >March to write it though, otherwise you will have to write all 5 8i
>> >exams to get your 8i certification.


>> >> Do i have to write all 5 exams to upgrade from Oracle8 certification to
>> >> Oracle 8i certification Or just the one upgrade exam ?

>> >> --
>> >> Sathish B

 
 
 

oracle 8i upgrade exam

Post by Brickle » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:01


Not a problem iggy.  Hopefully my reply wasn't offensive (I frequently
speak before I think).

Cheers,

Bricklen

;-)

<snip>


> I was wrong to say you were incorrect in your initial reply.  I should
> have said let me expand on that.

> iggy

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 02:20:31 GMT, Bricklen

> >Allow me to clarify what should have been a pretty clear message:
> >8 is being retired, not 8i.  You have until the end of March (according
> >to the message I have received several times from oracle university) to
> >upgrade your existing Oracle 8 certification to 8i.  Doing so in this
> >time frame allows you to write ONE upgrade exam to get 8i cert., as
> >opposed to writing all 5 8i exams to get your 8i certification, if you
> >don't do it by the end of March.

> >As you can see if you re-read my post, I never said anything about
> >retiring the upgrade exams.

> >hth

> >Bricklen