Problem loading to Timestamp column using SQL Loader

Problem loading to Timestamp column using SQL Loader

Post by Linux g » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:59:09

Hello ,

I have data to be loaded to an Oracle table. The data is in a flat
file and this data has been unloaded from an Informix database. The
field gets the value of 00:00:00 though there is a valid time in the
DateTime field.

The definition in the control file for this column is -
BASETS "to_date(:BASETS,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')"

The data for this column is -
2002-11-10 09:00:48

So, what could be the problem? any pointers? the 'date' portion of the
field is loaded corrctly, but the 'time' portion is not.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Problem loading to Timestamp column using SQL Loader

Post by flatl.. » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:09:37

Hi!

Since Oracle converts a date even without time part, maybe sqlloader
doesn't read the time part at all. Try defining the column (in
sqlloader ctl file) as char(19) indicating that it should read 19
chars. BTW is the flat file separated, of fix length?

> Hello ,

> I have data to be loaded to an Oracle table. The data is in a flat
> file and this data has been unloaded from an Informix database. The
> field gets the value of 00:00:00 though there is a valid time in the
> DateTime field.

> The definition in the control file for this column is -
> BASETS "to_date(:BASETS,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')"

> The data for this column is -
> 2002-11-10 09:00:48

> So, what could be the problem? any pointers? the 'date' portion of the
> field is loaded corrctly, but the 'time' portion is not.

> Thanx in advance for your help.

1. SQL*Loader problem: Not loading Spaces into NULL column through direct load

Hi,

I am using Oracle 8i. I am trying to load some data into a table by
using SQL*Loader direct load option. One of the columns in that table is
NULL. When loader encounters a row which try to insert spaces into the
NULL column, it rejects that row. I couldn't find out a solution that
stops this behaviour.

Thanks

Fateh Ahmad

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. * Heterogeneous Services - ODBC Generic connection *

3. Q: LOAD cmd: load NULL into TIMESTAMP column?

4. FORSALE: CLipper 5

5. Question on referencing loaded columns in SQL Loader

6. Identity columns not increasing

7. SQL* Loader problem with timestamp data

8. (Q) TQuery Event AfterInsert never fired

9. Using SQL*Loader to normalize data during load...

10. Load a table using SQL*Loader