Be nice on this message board

Post by dolfandave uyemur » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:49:41

Re: my original post on August 10th titled(and admittedly out of
place:)):Re: Setting Up a MySQL Database for a client question

Guys, try to be nice to each other out there. I posted a question on this
board, got a nice answer or two, then you run into..........you
know....."one in every crowd". I think this guy was one of those, you know,
"picked on" types in life. What do you think??

Dave

> Give me a break

No.

Quote:> , it was no more rude than you are Saddam Hussein.

So, walking into a user's group meeting and taking the podium and
proceeding to ask everybody in the room about an unrelated topic isn't
rude?

Quote:> I would say it would be classified as a bit out of place but I did
> state in the title that it involved MySQL.

The fact that before you asked the question you knew that it wasn't
appropriate is what makes the damn question rude.  Asking an
inappropriate question isn't always rude, but asking one when you are
totally aware it is inappropriate is rude.

Quote:> I am approaching this from the perspective that I am an interested
> student and am only interested in learning. Lighten up!

Well, then go to google, buy a book, subscribe to an appropriate
newsgroup or mailing list...

The fact that you are asking this MySQL question in an Oracle newsgroup
says very little about either your desire or ability to learn, anything.

--
Galen deForest Boyer
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Be nice on this message board

Post by Jason Baughe » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:32:30

Quote:> Re: my original post on August 10th titled(and admittedly out of
> place:)):Re: Setting Up a MySQL Database for a client question

> Guys, try to be nice to each other out there. I posted a question on
> this board, got a nice answer or two, then you run into..........you
> know....."one in every crowd". I think this guy was one of those, you
> know, "picked on" types in life. What do you think??

> Dave

I think you're a moron.  This isn't comp.be.nice.to.each.other, it's
comp.databases.oracle.server.  This group is for discussion of Oracle
server issues.  There are quite a few people here that take a large
portion of their time to answer ORACLE questions to try to help others.
They don't have to do it, and they don't HAVE to listen to off-topic
posts like yours.  They have every right to send you packing.

And don't throw that "we should be nice to each other because of 9/11"
*at me.  It's disgusting and demeaning to those dead people to
constantly invoke their memory any time you want to make someone feel
guilty.

--
Jason Baugher
Virtual Adept Professional Consulting Services

Post by Wayne Brow » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:20:55

> Re: my original post on August 10th titled(and admittedly out of
> place:)):Re: Setting Up a MySQL Database for a client question
> Guys, try to be nice to each other out there. I posted a question on this
> board, got a nice answer or two, then you run into..........you
> know....."one in every crowd". I think this guy was one of those, you know,
> "picked on" types in life. What do you think??

This isn't a "message board."  It's a USENET newsgroup.

--
Wayne Brown                | "When your tail's in a crack, you improvise

                           |  your pelt to the trapper."
"e^(i*pi) = -1"  -- Euler  |           -- John Myers Myers, "Silverlock"

Be nice on this message board

Post by ger » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:08:00

i think you have to be nicer to each other

Be nice on this message board

Post by Dave Uyemu » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:59:52

Thank you Howard Cosell Barfer,

"We ca--ca-a--cc--n ah--wwhll--git a-a-a-long"

Famous words for Rodney G. King for the comp.be.nice.to.each.other,
super-duper, "use net" group.

Ta dahhhhh.

Dave

Post by Galen Boye » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:47:13

> Guys, try to be nice to each other out there.

Please post this to alt.rodney.king

--
Galen deForest Boyer

Be nice on this message board

Post by Para » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:46:14

One day or rather late night when the original poster is sleepy and
desperate to solve some problem.....
he runs to Google or other such search machine ........with his query
and lo behold ....he gets pages and pages of hits.....
which are questions and answers to basic questions asked again and
again and again...or about wrong topics asked in the wrong forums

and there will be another set of hours and hours of plodding through
those hits into the twilight zone ....

and then will he realize why there are seperate forums .....
and why posters should try to first get answers from previously posted
questions .....
and why one should try to read manuals .......

Amen ?

Be nice on this message board

Post by Richard Foot » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:15:21

Hi Parag,

It's just as easy to express one's opinions in a nicer manner.

For example (and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular):

"Look, that's a really interesting question, really it is, however this is
not quite the right place to ask such a thought provoking question and it
might give some people the decided opinion that you, the asker of such a
question in this, the most inappropriate of forums, might be leaning a touch
towards the negative side of utter stupidity that could hence reflect poorly
on both your social, biological and psychological reputation to the point
where the social garbage bin of ridicule and * might await".

Now isn't that a much nicer and kinder way of communicating and resolving
such issues ;)

Cheers

Richard

Quote:> One day or rather late night when the original poster is sleepy and
> desperate to solve some problem.....
> he runs to Google or other such search machine ........with his query
> and lo behold ....he gets pages and pages of hits.....
> which are questions and answers to basic questions asked again and
> again and again...or about wrong topics asked in the wrong forums

> and there will be another set of hours and hours of plodding through
> those hits into the twilight zone ....

> and then will he realize why there are seperate forums .....
> and why posters should try to first get answers from previously posted
> questions .....
> and why one should try to read manuals .......

> Amen ?

Be nice on this message board

Post by Kevin McDani » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:11:16

for the weak-hearted, tree-hugging hippie, campfire-singing,
cry-babies who can't f'ing read the forum name, I simply offer this:

In a gorilla cage, a lot of *is usually flung.  Don't want hit?
Keep out!