Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Wim Valgaere » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in the
companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating System
PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
Registration File.
When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the parameters
he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
Does anybody know what I can do about this?

Thanks for your help,

Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Brian Peaslan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

OAS requires a different home than the other Oracle products. Create a
new home for OAS and reinstall.

HTH,
Brian

> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in the
> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating System
> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> Registration File.
> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the parameters
> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> Thanks for your help,

> Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Wim Valgaere » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I already tried this, but I get the second error I mentioned before.

Thanks anyway,

Wim Valgaeren

> OAS requires a different home than the other Oracle products. Create a
> new home for OAS and reinstall.

> HTH,
> Brian

> > I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in
the
> > companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating
System
> > PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> > Registration File.
> > When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
> > E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
parameters
> > he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> > Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> > Thanks for your help,

> > Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Brian Peaslan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Check the version with you Service Pack. If you are running NT 4 SP 3,
you need OAS 4.0.7. If you are running NT 4 SP 5, you need OAS 4.0.8.
OAS is not supported for NT 4 SP 4.

HTH,
Brian

> I already tried this, but I get the second error I mentioned before.

> Thanks anyway,

> Wim Valgaeren

> > OAS requires a different home than the other Oracle products. Create a
> > new home for OAS and reinstall.

> > HTH,
> > Brian

> > > I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in
> the
> > > companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating
> System
> > > PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> > > Registration File.
> > > When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
> > > E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
> parameters
> > > he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> > > Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> > > Thanks for your help,

> > > Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Karl R » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Yes you are right! SP4 is not supported!
/Karl

> Check the version with you Service Pack. If you are running NT 4
> SP 3,
> you need OAS 4.0.7. If you are running NT 4 SP 5, you need OAS
> 4.0.8.
> OAS is not supported for NT 4 SP 4.
> HTH,
> Brian

> > I already tried this, but I get the second error I mentioned
> before.

> > Thanks anyway,

> > Wim Valgaeren

> > > OAS requires a different home than the other Oracle products.
> Create a
> > > new home for OAS and reinstall.

> > > HTH,
> > > Brian

> After I typed in
> > the
> 'Updating
> > System
> win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> location to
> in the
> > parameters
> File.

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by sysdb » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Do u try to install the software from a network drive ? if so, make sure u
correcly map the share to a drive letter,
and then start the install again from the mapped drive letter (dont use
network neighboarhood).
if that doesnt help, try copy the entire cd to your local drive and try
install it from there. there could be
error's on the CDrom itself.

Asaf Shoval
Oracle Israel Support Center

Quote:> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in
the
> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating System
> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> Registration File.
> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
parameters
> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> Thanks for your help,

> Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Wim Valgaere » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thanks for your replies. The error seemed to be SP5. I returned to SP3 and
OAS works.

Quote:> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in
the
> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating System
> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> Registration File.
> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
parameters
> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> Thanks for your help,

> Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Roland Daan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On installation choose an OAS_HOME.
Also set the tns_admin in the registry.
If your running SP4 or higher, use OAS 4.07

Try dlling 4.08 on NT.

Roland Daane

Quote:> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in
the
> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating System
> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> Registration File.
> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
parameters
> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> Thanks for your help,

> Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Boris Vorber » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

OAS 4.0.8 is supposed to work with SP5.

Greetings - Boris

>Thanks for your replies. The error seemed to be SP5. I returned to SP3 and
>OAS works.

>> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in
>the
>> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating System
>> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
>> Registration File.
>> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
>> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
>parameters
>> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
>> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

>> Thanks for your help,

>> Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Tim Has » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am having a problem not with install but with getting the ORB working.
However I suspect that I have a similar problem as far as versions of the
servers go.
I have upgraded to sp6 and using OAS 4.07.  But where can I get the 4.08
version.  It is not on the technet.oracle.com site.

The only version I can find is OAS 4.07.

--
Tim Hase

> On installation choose an OAS_HOME.
> Also set the tns_admin in the registry.
> If your running SP4 or higher, use OAS 4.07

> Try dlling 4.08 on NT.

> Roland Daane

> > I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed in
> the
> > companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating
System
> > PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> > Registration File.
> > When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location to
> > E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
> parameters
> > he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> > Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> > Thanks for your help,

> > Wim Valgaeren

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by anup_mis.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
I have gone thru' the same installation Wim,
I succeeded installation by going thru' the following route
here (r) stands for rebooting ure machine
1) Install Winnt 4.0 (r)
2) Install winnt sp3 (r) Note : SP4 is not supported
3) Install JDK 1.1.5 (r)
4) Install Communicator 4.6 or IE4.0 SP1 (r)
5) Install Oracle Database server 8.0.5 (default_home) (r)
6) Install Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 (take it in the same
oracle_home) (r)
7) Make all NT related Control Services in the control panel as MANUAL
(r)
8) Install Oracle 8i (8.1.5) choose a seperate oracle_home
(r)
9) Now u can run Oracle 8 or Oracle 8i as a database for the
application server.
10) What now remains is setting the NET80 configuration so that we can
directly connect thru' OAS407 into the 8i db.

If need any help do mail again

As I after 4-5 days of sleepless nights  have come up with this
solution.
I also installed Oracle Developer 2.1.1 and Oracle Designer 2 on the
same machine, So that I can use the Web features as Forms Server and
the Web Javascript generator in Designer .

Note : Keep the oracle_home as 8i database ONLY.

Quote:> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed
in the
> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating
System
> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> Registration File.
> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location
> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
parameters
> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> Thanks for your help,

> Wim Valgaeren

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by anup_mis.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
I have gone thru' the same installation Wim,
I succeeded installation by going thru' the following route
here (r) stands for rebooting ure machine
1) Install Winnt 4.0 (r)
2) Install winnt sp3 (r) Note : SP4 is not supported
3) Install JDK 1.1.5 (r)
4) Install Communicator 4.6 or IE4.0 SP1 (r)
5) Install Oracle Database server 8.0.5 (default_home) (r)
6) Install Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 (take it in the same
oracle_home) (r)
7) Make all NT related Control Services in the control panel as MANUAL
(r)
8) Install Oracle 8i (8.1.5) choose a seperate oracle_home
(r)
9) Now u can run Oracle 8 or Oracle 8i as a database for the
application server.
10) What now remains is setting the NET80 configuration so that we can
directly connect thru' OAS407 into the 8i db.

If need any help do mail again

As I after 4-5 days of sleepless nights  have come up with this
solution.
I also installed Oracle Developer 2.1.1 and Oracle Designer 2 on the
same machine, So that I can use the Web features as Forms Server and
the Web Javascript generator in Designer .

Note : Keep the oracle_home as 8i database ONLY.

Quote:> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed
in the
> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating
System
> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> Registration File.
> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location
> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
parameters
> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

> Thanks for your help,

> Wim Valgaeren

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by du.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

Don't know if this will help, but I have written a summary of my
installation of OAS and 8i...If you think it will help, you can check
it out at http://www.aerotechengineering.com/OraInfo.htm

>Hi,
>I have gone thru' the same installation Wim,
>I succeeded installation by going thru' the following route
>here (r) stands for rebooting ure machine
>1) Install Winnt 4.0 (r)
>2) Install winnt sp3 (r) Note : SP4 is not supported
>3) Install JDK 1.1.5 (r)
>4) Install Communicator 4.6 or IE4.0 SP1 (r)
>5) Install Oracle Database server 8.0.5 (default_home) (r)
>6) Install Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 (take it in the same
>oracle_home) (r)
>7) Make all NT related Control Services in the control panel as MANUAL
>(r)
>8) Install Oracle 8i (8.1.5) choose a seperate oracle_home
>(r)
>9) Now u can run Oracle 8 or Oracle 8i as a database for the
>application server.
>10) What now remains is setting the NET80 configuration so that we can
>directly connect thru' OAS407 into the 8i db.

>If need any help do mail again

>As I after 4-5 days of sleepless nights  have come up with this
>solution.
>I also installed Oracle Developer 2.1.1 and Oracle Designer 2 on the
>same machine, So that I can use the Web features as Forms Server and
>the Web Javascript generator in Designer .

>Note : Keep the oracle_home as 8i database ONLY.

>> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed
>in the
>> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating
>System
>> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
>> Registration File.
>> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location
>> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
>parameters
>> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
>> Does anybody know what I can do about this?

>> Thanks for your help,

>> Wim Valgaeren

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by yu.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

What is the minimal requirement for RAM for training environment
for Oracle Applications 11 (for example: AP + GL + AR + PO + INV)?
They quoted 2 GB of RAM as bare minimum (for UNIX box).
If somebody run training/sandbox environment on smaller machine?

Yury
Attention humans:
You may reply to "yurym at_sign hotmail com" also.
Don't reply to "yurym at my-deja.com".

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Error when trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT

Post by Stevi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The problem is that OAS is not installed of the root directory.
Try installing oas into a seperate home in c:\oas
This is a bug that I think is fixed in 4.0.8.1

cheers,