I have gone thru' the same installation Wim,
I succeeded installation by going thru' the following route
here (r) stands for rebooting ure machine
1) Install Winnt 4.0 (r)
2) Install winnt sp3 (r) Note : SP4 is not supported
3) Install JDK 1.1.5 (r)
4) Install Communicator 4.6 or IE4.0 SP1 (r)
5) Install Oracle Database server 8.0.5 (default_home) (r)
6) Install Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 (take it in the same
7) Make all NT related Control Services in the control panel as MANUAL
8) Install Oracle 8i (8.1.5) choose a seperate oracle_home
9) Now u can run Oracle 8 or Oracle 8i as a database for the
10) What now remains is setting the NET80 configuration so that we can
directly connect thru' OAS407 into the 8i db.
If need any help do mail again
As I after 4-5 days of sleepless nights have come up with this
I also installed Oracle Developer 2.1.1 and Oracle Designer 2 on the
same machine, So that I can use the Web features as Forms Server and
Note : Keep the oracle_home as 8i database ONLY.
> I have Oracle 8i. I'm trying to install OAS 4.0 for NT. After I typed
> companyname he starts the installation. when he comes to 'Updating
> PATH Variable' he gives the following error : win32.stp(1239): Invalid
> Registration File.
> When I change the DEFAULT_HOME to ORACLE_HOME and change the location
> E:\ORANT\OAS, he doesn't give this error. But after I give in the
> he gives this error: netc80.vrf(75): Invalid Registration File.
> Does anybody know what I can do about this?
> Thanks for your help,
> Wim Valgaeren
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.