Oracle? Or Sybase?

Post by Neil Trub » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have the opportunity at my site to train up in either Sybase or
Oracle.  In the UK, Oracle has by far the biggest market share, but (for
we contractors at least) the big bucks are presently in Sybase.

Given the criterion of adequately-rewarded contract work, can anyone
advise which would be the better medium-term choice?  And long-term?

Thanks

Neil

Oracle? Or Sybase?

Post by Leigh Carpente » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Oracle for the long term.

Quote:> Given the criterion of adequately-rewarded contract work, can anyone
> advise which would be the better medium-term choice?  And long-term?

1. SQL , ORACLE & SYBASE compatability

Hi everyone,

I have a customer that has created an application. They want to have this
app running on Oracle, MS SQL7 or Syb AS. depending on what db their
customers are using. They want a common primary key of numeric datatype. The
primary key will be a whole number of up to 40 digits.
Is this whole scenario feasible???? Will using 3rd design tools (ERWin,
PowerDesigner,...) to create the db schema and convert it via that tool to
the other db work??

I really need some expert advice on this so please give me your input!!

Thanks,

Noel

2. dBASE2 Release Date

3. oracle vs. sybase

4. How to extract hour, minute, secod from date

5. Oracle & Sybase DC-VA-MD

6. File-save and restore

7. Web Applications: Oracle vs. Sybase vs Informix

8. Dll's and data control

9. Oracle vs. Sybase

10. Oracle vs. Sybase IQ

11. Oracle vs. Sybase