Mail-Merge from Delphi Database app

Post by james.widdico.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Does anyone have any ideas on how to send company addresses from a simple
database app in delphi 1 to Word in the form of a mail-merge.
I am quite new to the database programming side of delphi and have
scoured the relevant pages and have had no luck.
Help in any shape or form will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

James

--

Posted using Reference.COM                         http://www.reference.com

Sift, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

Mail-Merge from Delphi Database app

Post by james.widdico.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Does anyone have any ideas on how to send company addresses
from a simple database app in delphi 1 to Word in the form of
a mail-merge.
I am quite new to the database programming side of delphi and
have scoured the relevant pages and have had no luck.
Help in any shape or form will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

James

--

Posted using Reference.COM                         http://www.reference.com

Sift, Inc. accepts no responsibility for the content of this posting.

Mail-Merge from Delphi Database app

Post by Ed Hochma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

One simple way is to store the name/address data in a dBase table.  Word can
read dBase tables.  You can then create a form letter using the fields of
the dBase table as the address list.

I haven't done this in a year or so, so I don't remember all the details,
but it's quite easy to do.

If your data is not currently in dBase format, use the TBatchMove component
to copy it over.  This part is easy too.

Ed

--
Ed Hochman
MBH Systems

Quote:>Does anyone have any ideas on how to send company addresses from a simple
>database app in delphi 1 to Word in the form of a mail-merge.
>I am quite new to the database programming side of delphi and have
>scoured the relevant pages and have had no luck.
>Help in any shape or form will be much appreciated.

>Thanks in advance,

>James

>--

>Posted using Reference.COM                         http://www.reference.com