Storing the pipe character

Post by Keith Awcoc » Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I wish to store a pipe char in an Access db using ODBC:
Insert Into T_Table (MemoField) VALUES ("A string with a pipe | ")

This gets rejected as it doesn't like the pipe, how do I do this?

TIA

Keith

1. Pipe Character in test block

Hey

whenever i try to write a SQL query with a text block containing the
pipe "|" character, the query fails with an error saying syntax error.
for eg. a query like
UPDATE MYTABLE SET MYFIELD = 'A|'
fails in Jet

the same query works in SQL Server

any clues as to what i am missing or some way to escape the pipe
character. Jet does not support the "ESCAPE" keyword

2. LONGS and CLOBS

3. how pass french characters or extended characters to a stored procedure by odbc

4. package oracle.sql.* what JAR file for OracleResultSet and BLOB classes

5. SQL*Plus spool file and Unix command

6. %NAMED PIPES% %NAMED PIPES%

7. pipe error: Broken pipe ????

8. Pipe is broken;pipe is closed

9. Help, Named Pipe problem in extended stored procedure

10. stored procedures/ database pipes

11. HELP: Executing Stored Procedures via Named Pipes