Help! Create DSN with code

Post by Jonathan Li » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create ODBC DSN(Data Source Name) with VB or C code.
I guess it is a matter about some system registries but I don't know how and
where I can find this out.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Help! Create DSN with code

Post by Jim Fergus » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know how to create ODBC DSN(Data Source Name) with VB or C code.

With DAO you can use the RegisterDatabase method. RDO has a similiar
function.

-- Jim Ferguson, FMS
   http://www.fmsinc.com

Help! Create DSN with code

Post by Paul Cleme » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

?Hi,
?
?Does anyone know how to create ODBC DSN(Data Source Name) with VB or
C code.
?I guess it is a matter about some system registries but I don't know
how and
?where I can find this out.

Take a look at MS KB (http://support.microsoft.com/support/) article
Q184608. You may also want to take a look at the articles referenced
at the end of the document.

Paul
~~~~