ODBC SQL Error 8525 on rdoQuery after VB6 Install

ODBC SQL Error 8525 on rdoQuery after VB6 Install

Post by Jeff Turne » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Since upgrading to VB6 we are getting the following error when we perform an
Execute and then an OpenResultset on an rdoQuery:

8525: Distributed transaction completed. Either enlist this session in a new
transaction or the NULL transaction.

The Execute statement is bracketed in between a BeginTrans and CommitTrans.
Has anyone else run into this error? I have seen it in regard to MTS but we
aren't using it. The error object source says it is coming from ODBC. Is
there a list of ODBC related files that are installed with VB6 or SP1?

We are running SQL6.5, VB6 SP1, NT4.0 SP4 (the same error occurs on W2K RC1
also, but only when VB6 is installed.)

TIA!

1. ODBC SQL Error 8525 on rdoQuery after VB6 Install

Since upgrading to VB6 we are getting the following error when we perform an
Execute and then an OpenResultset on an rdoQuery:

8525: Distributed transaction completed. Either enlist this session in a new
transaction or the NULL transaction.

The Execute statement is bracketed in between a BeginTrans and CommitTrans.
Has anyone else run into this error? I have seen it in regard to MTS but we
aren't using it. The error object source says it is coming from ODBC. Is
there a list of ODBC related files that are installed with VB6 or SP1?

We are running SQL6.5, VB6 SP1, NT4.0 SP4 (the same error occurs on W2K RC1
also, but only when VB6 is installed.)

TIA!

2. dbccshowcontig results is this bad?

3. SQL Server Error 8525

4. recent file list

5. HELP! SQL 7 - Distributed transaction completed error (8525)

6. How can I access to memo through Pervacive ODBC?

7. SQL Server 7.0 error 8525 with DTC, MTS, VB, ADO

8. US-MO-ORACLE DBA

9. Error 40002,37000-8525

10. Error 8525

11. Error 8525 Documentation anywhere?