[JDBC Driver] CLI0621E Unsupported JDBC Server configuration.

[JDBC Driver] CLI0621E Unsupported JDBC Server configuration.

Post by Andy Ya » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 07:21:00

Hi,

I'm doing some servlet development in Visual Age for Java and I'm
trying to make a jdbc connection to a Db2 UDB 7.1 FP2 database running
on a Red Hat Linux 6.2 server. I believe I have also installed FP2 on
the workstation.

When I'm trying to establish the connection, I get a :

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0621E Unsupported
JDBC Server configuration.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? I'm able to hit the database
normally using the Control Centre and the Command Clients, but I'm
hitting a wall with JDBC - do they use the same ports?

I'm using the net driver as I get "no SQL driver found" errors when I
try to use the app driver.

Is is possible to use the app drivers if I have them installed on the
workstation even though I'm using servlets?

Thanks.

[JDBC Driver] CLI0621E Unsupported JDBC Server configuration.

Post by Eric A. Siroi » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:59:24

Hello Andy,

Asuming that your DB2 and servlet server are on seperate machines.  The
db2java.zip file has to be the same as on the DB2.  So if you have FP2
installed, make sure you have the right release.
Jan 2001 - v7.0.1.20  Feb 5/2001 - v7.0.1.24

Here is the relevant information about your problem from the FP release
notes.

7.9 Language Considerations/Programming in Java/Creating Java Applications
and Applets/Applet Support in Java

It is essential that the db2java.zip file used by the Java applet be at the
same FixPak level as the JDBC applet server. Under normal circumstances,
db2java.zip is loaded from the Web Server where the JDBC applet server is
running, as shown in Figure 22 of the book. This ensures a match. If,
however, your configuration has the Java applet loading db2java.zip from a
different location, a mismatch can occur. Prior to FixPak 2, this could
lead to unexpected failures. As of FixPak 2, matching FixPak levels between
the two files is strictly enforced at connection time. If a mismatch is
detected, the connection is rejected, and the client receives one of the
following exceptions:

   * If db2java.zip is at FixPak 2 or later:

        COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver]
        CLI0621E  Unsupported JDBC server configuration.

   * If db2java.zip is prior to FixPak 2:

        COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver]
        CLI0601E  Invalid statement handle or statement is closed.
        SQLSTATE=S1000

If a mismatch occurs, the JDBC applet server logs one of the following
messages in the jdbcerr.log file:

   * If the JDBC applet server is at FixPak 2 or later:

        jdbcFSQLConnect: JDBC Applet Server and client (db2java.zip)
        versions do not match. Unable to proceed with connection.,
einfo= -111

   * If the JDBC applet server is prior to FixPak 2:

        jdbcServiceConnection(): Invalid Request Received., einfo= 0

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm doing some servlet development in Visual Age for Java and I'm
> trying to make a jdbc connection to a Db2 UDB 7.1 FP2 database running
> on a Red Hat Linux 6.2 server. I believe I have also installed FP2 on
> the workstation.

> When I'm trying to establish the connection, I get a :

> COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0621E Unsupported
> JDBC Server configuration.

> Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? I'm able to hit the database
> normally using the Control Centre and the Command Clients, but I'm
> hitting a wall with JDBC - do they use the same ports?

> I'm using the net driver as I get "no SQL driver found" errors when I
> try to use the app driver.

> Is is possible to use the app drivers if I have them installed on the
> workstation even though I'm using servlets?

> Thanks.

1. [JDBC Driver] CLI0621E Unsupported JDBC Server configuration.

[...]

2. Descending sort order

3. CLI0621E: Unsupported JDBC server configuration

4. Fields and tables

5. Unsupported JDBC Server Configuration

6. Informix Admin Related Issue

7. [SQLServer JDBC Driver]Unsupported method: ResultSet.isBeforeFirst

8. SQL-DMO - REAL NEWBIE'S QUESTION

9. [SQLServer JDBC Driver]Unsupported method: ResultSet.first

10. [SQLServer JDBC Driver]Unsupported method: Statement.setQueryTimeout

11. JDBC Driver for MS Access (Not JDBC-ODBC Driver)

12. RMI-to-JDBC driver , EJB-to-JDBC driver?

13. JDBC informix driver configuration