runtimeerror 3146 ODBC-Call failed

Post by uwe Gutsch » Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:10:53

hello to all

I have the following problem:

A fine at W-Xp running program must now running at W-7 (new computers).
But now there is a runtimeerror 3146
The programm opens an ODBC-conection to a SQL-server using an
ODBC-workspace.

The first error wars 3633 can't open MSRDO20.dll. I've included the
MSRDO20.dll into the projectinstaller and installed the programm again.
After this the error is now 3146. The MS-knowledgebase tells: update the
version 1.xx of the ODBC.dll to version 2.xx.
Now I've downloaded the version 2.xx but I do'nt know where the version
1.xx is (I've only found "ODBC32.dll", "ODBCbcp.dll", "ODBCconf.dll" and
so on...).

can anybody help me?

Thanks
     Uwe

1. Actual ODBC error codes rather than 3146 -- ODBC Call failed

Hello,

I'm using ODBC to query an Informix DB.

At any point if a get an error (wrong password, wrong DSN connect string,
wrong SQL statement..),
I get the same error code:

3146 -- ODBC Call failed.

Is there a way to get the right Informix status code/string ?

Note: I'm using ODBC; what about RDO/ADO/RDS...: is it faster ?

Thx
Sebastien

2. Dates

3. Error 3146: ODBC-call failed with ODBC-direct

4. Summarizing A Field - I have little hair left to pull!

5. ODBC "3146 ODBC call failed"

6. access2000 -> msde/sql7.0

7. ODBC call failed 3146

8. Concentrating fields in controls

9. ODBC Call failed error 3146

10. errror 3146 ODBC call failed

11. Error 3146 ODBC call failed

12. Error 3146 - ODBC Call Failed

13. Run-time error 3146, ODBC-call failed, like to know more